Tri-X Expiration Date

Old April 18th 09, 03:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul[_2_]

Default Tri-X Expiration Date

"Dave" wrote in message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Film expiry date is only estimated. I've used black and
white film that's many years past expiration, and it's been
fine. In about 1985 or so, a friend and I saw some black and
white film for a buck a roll, at a store. We each bought
several rolls, and took pictures for years after that. It
was Kodak film, I can't remember if it was plus X, or tri X.
Probably Plus X, 100 ASA.

At the risk of going off topic, I am wondering if this applies to
Kodachrome as well, since Kodachrome is essentially a black and white
file that gets color added during processing. If not, why not?

Dave

In my experience, slides made from outdated Kodachrome tend to have a
magenta tint. I couldn't tell you exactly why.

Paul

Old April 18th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter Chant[_2_]

Dave wrote:

At the risk of going off topic, I am wondering if this applies to
Kodachrome as well, since Kodachrome is essentially a black and white
file that gets color added during processing. If not, why not?

I'd worry more about where you can get it processed.

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk