[SI] Runoff vote for next mandate

Old May 5th 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

Default [SI] Runoff vote for next mandate

Here is the voting result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62816810/SI%...ate%20list.pdf (30 kB).

So, please vote between:

Abstractions
Signs
Macro/Closeup
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors
Food

Three (3) votes per person. We'd love to wrap this up by Sun evening.
If the results are too spread we'll just use them as the next few mandates.

--
The Committee.
Old May 5th 12, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Dennis Boone

Signs
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors

De
Old May 5th 12, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-05-05 07:45:10 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

Signs'
Doors
Food

Savageduck

Old May 5th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 5/5/2012 10:45 AM, Alan Browne wrote:
Here is the voting result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62816810/SI%...ate%20list.pdf (30 kB).

So, please vote between:

Abstractions
Signs
Macro/Closeup
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors
Food

Three (3) votes per person. We'd love to wrap this up by Sun evening. If
the results are too spread we'll just use them as the next few mandates.

No order is preferred. I just hope I can participate.

Abstractions,

pairs

doors.

Alternatively,
Why not use your list as six month project, at the rate of one a month.

--
Peter
Old May 5th 12, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

On 2012-05-05 16:30 , tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 05 May 2012 10:45:10 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

Here is the voting result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62816810/SI%...ate%20list.pdf (30 kB).

So, please vote between:

Abstractions
Signs
Macro/Closeup
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors
Food

Three (3) votes per person. We'd love to wrap this up by Sun evening.
If the results are too spread we'll just use them as the next few mandates.

I vote to eliminate "signs".

Could you just vote for the three, of above, that you like?

--
"A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds."
-Samuel Clemens.

Old May 5th 12, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Andrew Reilly[_2_]

* Abstractions
Old May 6th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Here is the voting result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/62816810/SI%...ate%20list.pdf (30 kB).

So, please vote between:

Abstractions
Signs
Macro/Closeup
Pairs - Repetitions, echoes, series
Doors
Food

Three (3) votes per person. We'd love to wrap this up by Sun evening.
If the results are too spread we'll just use them as the next few mandates.

I vote to eliminate "signs".

Could you just vote for the three, of above, that you like?

Pairs, Doors, Close-up

But, I'm losing interest. It was fun when several people commented on
all of the shots and you got to see what other people saw and thought
about your photo. Now, the thread dies after the results are posted.

Guilty as charged, but i do not accept full responsibility for the lack
of comments. For this past SI the only two providing meaningful
comments were Dudley, who did so with the help of some who could give
him sighted assistance, and PeterN who was unable to contribute in any
other way.
The exchange Noons aimed at Alan could hardly be termed anything other
than a swipe at Alan.

In the past I have done my best to comment, and I am feeling a tad
jaded. I admit I find it odd that from the bunch of opinionated SI
contributors, opinionated non-contributors, and lurkers to be found in
these photo-groups, that there aren't more who would give us more than
the "Bruce" or "Noons" condemnation.
I also feel that piggy-backing on an other's comments is just shear
laziness and poor form. Responding to comments is also a welcome part
of the dialog which has been missing recently.

I will do my best to make a few appropriate comments for this upcoming
SI, provided I am not crushed into total dumbfounded silence by the
quality, or lack thereof of the submissions. I will do my best to
respond to others comments on my work without malice.

Savageduck

Old May 6th 12, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Dudley Hanks[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Whether I submit or not, the comments are my favorite part of the SI.

From the comments, I get the best overview of what others have contributed,
and lots of ideas for both subject matter and useful techniques to try.

Take Care,
Dudley