Damaged CD's

Old November 8th 06, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Barry

Default Damaged CD's

I'm just getting around to loading my CDs full of digital images onto an
external hard drive. I have about 500 CD's that I've been downloading. I
came up with three that would not open. I tried FTK imager with no results.
Does anyone know of a software program or method by which I can recover at
least some of the images on the three CD's?

Thanks
Barry

Old November 11th 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
RichG

IF... you happen to have NERO CD Burner on your computer, or on a
friend's..you might try it.

I've found that the standard MS program will NOT write to certain CDs..( it
declares them unusable).... but, the Nero program will easily write to the
exact same CDs. So, give it a try if you or a friend have it....Rich

Old December 13th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.digital
Tom M

Try using a CD/DVD cleaner. If it is scratches/damaged.

I keep my photo discs in those paper sleeve envelopes and have been
Lucky so far.

I wonder if I should leave them on my SanDisk USB drives?

Tom M