Konica Minolta DiAMAGE A2 vs A200

Old August 10th 05, 12:04 AM
Dick Snyder

Default Konica Minolta DiAMAGE A2 vs A200

I posted this in rec.photo.digital. I couldn't tell what the focus of this
group is so I am posting it here too. I apologize if I am putting this in
the wrong group............

I have been reading many reviews of these two cameras. I was just about to
purchase the A2 when I read a review by Keff Keller in Digital Camera
Resource Page. In that review he complained that on two different A2 cameras
he tried, he had a significant number of out of focus images even though the
AF said they were in focus. He had the images in the review on the website
and they looked like the camera should have had an easy time getting the
focus correct. I have not read this complaint in any other of the A2
reviews.

Can any of you who have used an A2 comment on this for me?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Old August 10th 05, 08:26 AM
David J Taylor

Dick Snyder wrote:
I posted this in rec.photo.digital. I couldn't tell what the focus of
this group is so I am posting it here too. I apologize if I am
putting this in the wrong group............

Dick, you are in the right group - SLR like cameras with full manual
control but without interchangeable lenses. Thanks for your posting.

I did have an A2 - wonderful viewfinder - but sent it back for various
reasons. They dropped that finder with the A200, and I bought a Panasonic
FZ5 instead and love it.

David

Old August 10th 05, 10:48 AM
Dick Snyder

David,

Did your return of the A2 have anything to do with the misfocusing problems
I referred to in my original post?

Dick

"David J Taylor"
wrote in