"...you must have a good camera!"

Old April 27th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Adam[_2_]

Default "...you must have a good camera!"

"There is an all-pervading tendency to attribute good results to good
equipment rather than its user which, if practiced on a concert pianist
and his or her Steinway would lead to words if not blows." -- John
Courtis, "Bluff your way in Photography"

Adam :-)
--
Email: rubin AT bestweb DOT net
Old April 27th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Adam wrote:
: "There is an all-pervading tendency to attribute good results to good
: equipment rather than its user which, if practiced on a concert pianist
: and his or her Steinway would lead to words if not blows." -- John
: Courtis, "Bluff your way in Photography"

I actually had someone say that to me. It was the wife of a friend. Me
and her didn't get along to well and my friend and I were no longer close.
I went to their house one evening and showed them some prints. Later at dinner
I couldn't resist and comented on how good dinner was and mentioned that she
must have good pots and pans. :-)

It took years before we talked again after that night.

--