$600 eos 20d package on amazon?

Old May 6th 05, 02:19 AM
vpenoso

Default $600 eos 20d package on amazon?

so here's the deal...too good to be true. this is the response i got from
the seller...WHAT? IS THIS THE INFAMOUS GREY MARKET PRODUCT OR A SCAM?

The Canon EOS 20D Digital SLR is brand new in the new in the original box
with the all accesories included and have paper for 1 year international
warranty from Canon INC.The price for the camera is $600 included all taxes
for the shipping
for delivery i use Amazon Payment Service and all the taxes for the shipping
are included in the price.
For payment i accept Amazon Payment Service.
If you decide to buy from me here is how we will make the deal:
I will go and deposit the package with your unit at the Amazon.com and i
will give you the paper scan from them .This will prove you that i am who i
am and that i am sending you the unit.i will give your email address to
Amazon.com and they will contact and inform you that you have a package that
wait's to be shipped . They will also will inform you what is in that
package, the condition of the unit ,if it is working properly.

Please give me your full name and address.

Items Included With This Package A 1 CANON EOS 20d
With Manufacturer's Accessories & Warranty
1 Canon 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens
1 Canon 75-300mm f4.0-5.6 III Lens
1 Bower 2X Tele Converter Lens
2 Lens Pouches
2 Lens Hoods
1 Wrist Strap
1 256MB Compact Flash Memory Card
1 USB Compact Flash Card Reader
1 Deluxe Carrying Case
1 Heavy Duty Deluxe Video & Photo Tripod
1 Camera/Video Mini Tripod
1 Professional 5 Pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
1 LCD Lens Screen Protector

THIS FREAKS ME OUT.

Old May 6th 05, 03:58 AM
james

vpenoso wrote:

Items Included With This Package A 1 CANON EOS 20d
With Manufacturer's Accessories & Warranty
1 Canon 28-90mm f/4.0-5.6 Lens
1 Canon 75-300mm f4.0-5.6 III Lens

THIS FREAKS ME OUT.

It should. The deal has too many steps. At one end of the spectrum,
there's the deal where you check out, get the invoice from Amazon's
online store, and have a tracking number. At the other end of the
spectrum, you've got this deal that sounds more like a ransom drop than
a camera sale.
Old May 6th 05, 05:24 AM
Stacey

vpenoso wrote:

THIS FREAKS ME OUT.

When something sounds too good to be true, it ussually is. There is NO WAY
I'd send this guy my money.

--

Stacey
Old May 6th 05, 06:38 AM
Mr. Mark

so here's the deal...too good to be true. this is the response i got from
the seller...WHAT? IS THIS THE INFAMOUS GREY MARKET PRODUCT OR A SCAM?

Amazon has a money back guarantee. So buy it and if it doesn't work out
they'll refund. Seriously, you have nothing to lose.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com

Corporate
http://www.onelauter.com

Old May 6th 05, 06:40 AM
Mr. Mark

so here's the deal...too good to be true. this is the response i got from
the seller...WHAT? IS THIS THE INFAMOUS GREY MARKET PRODUCT OR A SCAM?

Oh, I should have read this twice before responding.. this sounds like a
scam. I don't know how they're going to screw you, but I'm sure they will.

--
Mark

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com

Corporate
http://www.onelauter.com

Old May 6th 05, 06:57 AM
james

vpenoso wrote:

This will prove you that i am who i
am and that i am sending you the unit.

One thing that lots of confidence games have in common,
is they take things that are YOUR responsibility, and YOUR
choice to make, and make them FOR YOU, passing it off as if
it's a favor to you.

In this case, he's taking the burden off of you to validate his
credibility. He will send you a photocopied paper that looks like
Amazon.com letterhead. That sure would instill a sense of confidence
in me! (Sarcasm.)

By the way, I looked at Amazon and didn't see anything remotely similar
to the deal you posted. Already pulled?

Old May 6th 05, 07:16 AM
vpenoso

I was getting all excited but had to snap out of it when I kept thinking
grey market, grey market...and they would never answer the question about
grey market items....so what is a grey market item anyway?
"james" wrote in message

Old May 6th 05, 07:39 AM
Paul Furman

vpenoso wrote:

I was getting all excited but had to snap out of it when I kept thinking
grey market, grey market...and they would never answer the question about
grey market items....so what is a grey market item anyway?

Gey market just means overseas without a US warranty. This stuff sounds
stolen to me. Maybe stolen overseas?

vpenoso wrote:

This will prove you that i am who i
am and that i am sending you the unit.

One thing that lots of confidence games have in common,
is they take things that are YOUR responsibility, and YOUR
choice to make, and make them FOR YOU, passing it off as if
it's a favor to you.

In this case, he's taking the burden off of you to validate his
credibility. He will send you a photocopied paper that looks like
Amazon.com letterhead. That sure would instill a sense of confidence
in me! (Sarcasm.)

By the way, I looked at Amazon and didn't see anything remotely similar
to the deal you posted. Already pulled?

--
Paul Furman
http://www.edgehill.net/1
san francisco native plants
Old May 6th 05, 11:52 AM
Beetlegeiss

Let me know when your $600 box of bricks shows up.

I'm thinking grey market/stolen/scam.

I had the displeasure of talking to some ass chime at Broadway Photo
(scam artists with an attitude) and even their grey/imported 20D was
$1K.

Old May 6th 05, 12:04 PM
Joe Makowiec

On 06 May 2005 in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, vpenoso wrote:

so what is a grey market item anyway?

Grey market involves taking advantage of price/currency variations in
different markets. The grey marketeer buys, say, Nikons legally in
Singapore, and sends them to the USA. He bypasses Nikon USA, which means
that the product doesn't have the Nikon USA warranty. If (Singapore
Price + Currency conversion + Cost of Shipping + Cost of Customs
transactions + markup) (Official Nikon USA price), the grey marketeer
can sell the products at a discount to the USA price.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/