Nails in P&S coffins (and DSLRs?)

Old March 2nd 09, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default Nails in P&S coffins (and DSLRs?)

Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs
Old March 2nd 09, 09:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron Recer[_2_]

"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Might be fine for some folks, but I would hate to try and hold it steady
while I looked at the LCD to frame a photo using a 300mm or 400mm lens. Of
course you could always use a tripod, but I would think that would be more
awkward to carry around than a camera with a mirror box. g

Ron

Old March 2nd 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave Cohen

Ron Recer wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Might be fine for some folks, but I would hate to try and hold it steady
while I looked at the LCD to frame a photo using a 300mm or 400mm lens. Of
course you could always use a tripod, but I would think that would be more
awkward to carry around than a camera with a mirror box. g

Ron

I think you should check the link, re-read it, then review your comment.
Dave Cohen
Old March 2nd 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

Dave Cohen wrote:
Ron Recer wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Might be fine for some folks, but I would hate to try and hold it
steady while I looked at the LCD to frame a photo using a 300mm or
400mm lens. Of course you could always use a tripod, but I would
think that would be more awkward to carry around than a camera with a
mirror box. g

Ron

I think you should check the link, re-read it, then review your comment.
Dave Cohen

Should be interesting to see how it holds up.

P.
Old March 2nd 09, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron Recer[_2_]

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message
Ron Recer wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Might be fine for some folks, but I would hate to try and hold it steady
while I looked at the LCD to frame a photo using a 300mm or 400mm lens.
Of course you could always use a tripod, but I would think that would be
more awkward to carry around than a camera with a mirror box. g

Ron

I think you should check the link, re-read it, then review your comment.
Dave Cohen

You are right, I read "By replacing the mirror box and optical viewfinder of
an SLR with an electronic viewfinder" to mean no view finder and only an LCD
to frame the photo. Had I read further I would found out about their EVF.

Ron

Old March 2nd 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Rich says...
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Does it take interchangeable lenses and if so what lens mount does it
use? Is it perhaps compatible with the micro 4/3 standard?
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 2nd 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

Does it take interchangeable lenses

there is what looks like a lens release button on the side of the lens
barrel.

and if so what lens mount does it
use?

presumably a new one, as the flange distance is shorter. there will
more than likely be an adapter for pentax k-mount lenses.

Is it perhaps compatible with the micro 4/3 standard?

highly doubtful since neither pentax nor samsung are part of the 4/3rd
consortium.
Old March 3rd 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ray

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:40:15 -0600, Rich wrote:

Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Geez! What will they think of next!! A digital camera with an Electronic
ViewFinder!!! Absolutely REVOLUTIONARY!!!!!
Old March 3rd 09, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MG

"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Why did they only half way?

They should go all the way and shape it like a digicam. With a LCD that
flips out to the side, and the EVF at the back.

MG

Old March 3rd 09, 08:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MG

"Rich" wrote in message
Samsung announces "DX" sized sensor camera with NO MIRROR!

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0903/09...stem.asp#specs

Why did they only go half way?

They should go all the way and shape it like a digicam. With a LCD that
flips out to the side, and the EVF at the back end.

MG