Old Canon Lenses

Old April 27th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterD[_2_]

Default Old Canon Lenses

Hi all

I have come accross my old Canon EOS 1000, probably an early 90s model.

What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
are EF lens.

Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at selling
them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

Thanks in anticipation.

Old April 27th 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article
, PeterD
wrote:

I have come accross my old Canon EOS 1000, probably an early 90s model.

What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
are EF lens.

Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at selling
them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

canon autofocus lenses should work fine on a canon dslr. it's the old
manual focus canon fd lenses that are paperweights.
Old April 27th 09, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterD[_2_]

Many thanks

In article , nospam
wrote:
In article
, PeterD

Old April 27th 09, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterD[_2_]

Thank you Bob.

In article , Bob Larter
wrote:
PeterD wrote:
Hi all

I have come accross my old Canon EOS 1000, probably an early 90s model.

What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
are EF lens.

Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs?

Yes, they'll work fine.

Old April 27th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterD[_2_]

Thanks Joel

In article ,
JoelH wrote:
On Apr 26, 8:48 pm, (PeterD) wrote:
Hi all

I have come accross my old Canon EOS 1000, probably an early 90s model.

What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
are EF lens.

Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at selling
them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, they will work on dSLRs. The consumer-grade dSLRs have smaller
sensors than the older 35mm cameras, so the lenses will behave as
though they were longer, about 55-110 and 110-330, respectively. So
your pair of lenses becomes a "normal to extreme close-up" setup,
instead of a "wide to close up" one.

-Joel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joelmhoffman/

Old May 6th 09, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Frank Pittel

nospam wrote:
: In article
: , PeterD

:
: What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
: are EF lens.
:
: Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at selling
: them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

: canon autofocus lenses should work fine on a canon dslr. it's the old
: manual focus canon fd lenses that are paperweights.

My Canon fd lenses work fine.
--

-------------------
Old May 6th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Frank
Pittel wrote:

: Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at
: selling
: them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

: canon autofocus lenses should work fine on a canon dslr. it's the old
: manual focus canon fd lenses that are paperweights.

My Canon fd lenses work fine.

not on a canon dslr they don't, nor do they work on canon autofocus
slrs.
Old May 7th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
dj_nme[_2_]

Frank Pittel wrote:
nospam wrote:
: In article
: , PeterD
: wrote:

: I have come accross my old Canon EOS 1000, probably an early 90s model.
:
: What is has with it is a 35-70mm lens and 70-210mm lens both auto focus and
: are EF lens.
:
: Can these be used with the modern Canon DSLRs? If so will look at selling
: them or grabing an old 30 or 40D.

: canon autofocus lenses should work fine on a canon dslr. it's the old
: manual focus canon fd lenses that are paperweights.

My Canon fd lenses work fine.

Is that via mechanical adapter on a 4/3 DSLR camera or are you still
using them on an old FD mount Canon film SLR camera?
It's details like I've asked you to provide (above) which make all the
difference.

The real answer is that all of the EOS EF lenses (which is basically all
EOS lenses, bar a couple designed to only work with 1.6x crop cameras
and designated as EF-S) will work on all of the EOS mount cameras,
including the Kodak SLR/C
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodak_DCS_Pro_SLR/c.