Dumb Olympus Camedia question ...

Old August 7th 04, 08:51 PM
Wdflannery

Default Dumb Olympus Camedia question ...

I just got an Olympus camera with Camedia 4.1 software, running on Windows XP,
and when I download pics they appear in the Panorama folder .... but I can't
find them from Windows .... i.e. the search function doesn't locate them ....
where are they ?????

W.
Old August 7th 04, 10:54 PM
Wdflannery

According to the Camedia software, the files are in the Panorama folder ....
along with 2 sample images...... but when I explore the My
Album/Samples/Panorama folder ..... only the 2 sample images appear. I use the
Camedia software to download them, I think..... this stuff is non-standard ...
you can't go up the folders chain to the top .... . I can get the exact file
name... but search still doesn't find them .....

Old August 8th 04, 04:37 PM
TRR

My 2¢ and mine only. I once bought a great little P&S Olympus D400Z
and loaded the Camedia software into my Mac. Well....the software was
so bloody awful I ended up giving the camera to a nephew to use on his
PC......and it was equally awful. Along the way I discovered a
shareware app called Cameraid that worked unbeleivably well and easy on
my Mac. You might look around for something better for your XP than
Camedia. Good luck !!

Old August 9th 04, 04:54 AM
Roger Halstead

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:37:34 GMT, TRR wrote:

My 2¢ and mine only. I once bought a great little P&S Olympus D400Z
and loaded the Camedia software into my Mac. Well....the software was
so bloody awful I ended up giving the camera to a nephew to use on his
PC......and it was equally awful. Along the way I discovered a
shareware app called Cameraid that worked unbeleivably well and easy on
my Mac. You might look around for something better for your XP than
Camedia. Good luck !!

Unless you shoot in raw which I think is kind a of a waste with a
small P&S you don't need the Camedia software to download JPGs.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com