Fuji E550 vs Canon A95

Old December 8th 04, 09:38 PM
Norm

Default Fuji E550 vs Canon A95

I'm having a hard time deciding between the Fuji E550 and Canon A95.
Both use AA batteries. 5mp vs 6mp may not be much. Not sure which
one works best in low light The E550 has 4x vs 3x zoom on the A95.

I'm looking for a camera small enough for my wife to throw in her
purse. This is our first digital camera. We also intend to
eventually buy a larger camera (maybe SLR) for those times when we
need better flash, more zoom, better low light optics etc.

For now, we're just looking for something at the lower end.

Any comments between the two?
Old December 10th 04, 02:25 PM
Helge Buddenborg

For most people 5 MP is plenty of resolution
E550
28mm to 112mm (35mm equiv.)
A95
35 - 105mm "
Larger LCD Screen on E550
Super fast start up on E550

My Favourite is the A95 for it's swivel LCD Screen

E550 2 AA Batteries A95 uses 4
4 should give more shots per set

Both are great little cameras.

If you wish to contact me directly remove "REMOVE" in the email address

Hope this Helps

When your wife puts the camera in her purse make sure it's in a case.

Regards
Helge Buddenborg