REQ: Minolta Dimage 7 upgrade enhancement kit

Old March 4th 05, 01:32 PM
Thomas Shoener

If there is an upgrade "fix" for the Dimage 7, I would love to get it,
whether it's free or not. Does anybody know anything about it,
substantively? If It makes the camera burn fewer batteries, it would be
great. A decent camera, slow autofocus, but an absolute battery monster. I
have like 10 sets of good NIMH batteries, and still carry a few sets of good
lithiums, just because of the battery burn. Thanks.
"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:21:48 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "David J
Taylor" wrote:

(moviefan69) wrote:
why should I buy a firmware fix for a fix to minolta's screw up on
their camera!!

[]
I thought I could rely on a name like Minolta, I was wrong. I won't
give Minolta another dime.

Most manufacturers who produce firmware upgrades do so free-of-charge and
allow in-camera upgrading. Are you saying that Minolta don't do that?

I had already ruled out Minolta as a supplier for other reasons, but that
you be another nail in their coffin.

It wasn't really a firmware update to fix issues. IIRC, there was the
Diamage 7H, which was followed by an upgraded 7HI with an enhanced
feature set. I don't remember what it was at the moment. The HI was
more expensive than the H and older H owners were offered the upgrade
at some delta cost.
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 )
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Old March 4th 05, 11:18 PM
(moviefan69)

Yeah there is (the optional DiMAGE 7 Upgrade Firmware), but minolta
wants you to pay $50 from their store (http://shop.konicaminolta.us/).
It does increase autofocus speed. I have recently tried energizer 2500
mha rechargables from walmart and noticed a major improvement in
battery life.

I've noticed a trend on ebay, someone buys a copy and they auction it
about 2 weeks later. Someone also has a recent version dimage viewer
for sale (a must for correcting colors for the dimage 7's pictures)

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:32:14 GMT, "Thomas Shoener"
wrote:

If there is an upgrade "fix" for the Dimage 7, I would love to get it,
whether it's free or not. Does anybody know anything about it,
substantively? If It makes the camera burn fewer batteries, it would be
great. A decent camera, slow autofocus, but an absolute battery monster. I
have like 10 sets of good NIMH batteries, and still carry a few sets of good
lithiums, just because of the battery burn. Thanks.
.. .

Old March 5th 05, 07:33 PM
VictorDog

Check out following battery packs developed by Maha Energy Corporation.

http://shop.mahaenergy.com/store/vie...?idProduct=350

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/PowerBank_2200.htm

I used the old PowerEx 1400mAH PowerBank, then I bought the new PowerEx
1400mAH PowerBank in Mar 2005. This will end your short battery life for the
Dimage 7. Let us know what you do!!!

Vern