what I hate about film

Old August 29th 04, 07:52 PM
Developwebsites

Default what I hate about film

I just looked at my 110, 126, and 35mm negs for family shots
my aunt wanted.
all the negs besides 35mm were so small it was impossible
to distinguish from one shot to the next if several were taken
after each other.

I am not surprised APS, 110, 126, and disk film died off.
Why the hell would anyone want to store an APS canister with their photos
instead of negs which are flat? APS film is smaller than 35mm and was a
rip-off.

Even on 35mm negs I couldnt tell who the hell the person was sometimes
as I was missing the photo and the only way to see who that is
is to develop the shot.

The only reasons I dislike film photography a
these awful negatives,
film runs out too quickly,
having to rewind film and then load new film which could cause
me to miss a shot(s),
exposure of film because camera opened,
negs stick to each other and get stained and scratched, etc.,
inability to make multiple copies of original negs,
(yes, photos could be scanned and burned to multiple CD-Rs)
inability to preview shot taken&delete it,

what I hate about digital:
cameras are bigger than 35mm,
P&S 6.1mp for $400 when I could get a film SLR for same price, (isnt 35mm
20-30mp?)
P&S shutter lag & power on,
(yes, there is burst mode, but for only 4 shots! no thanks)

Old August 30th 04, 02:17 AM
Jeremy

"Developwebsites" wrote in message

The only reasons I dislike film photography a
these awful negatives,
film runs out too quickly,
having to rewind film and then load new film which could cause
me to miss a shot(s),
exposure of film because camera opened,
negs stick to each other and get stained and scratched, etc.,
inability to make multiple copies of original negs,
(yes, photos could be scanned and burned to multiple CD-Rs)
inability to preview shot taken&delete it,

Yes, you are completely right! Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to place an
online order for some film.

Be seeing you!

Old August 31st 04, 12:57 AM
Ted Azito

Film sucks. It's so forgiving that you actually were able to use all
those stuck together little strips of film in goofball Consuelo
Consumo formats and print recognizable images. It's too bad you didn't
have electronic images back then, because they'd have been on tape
cartridges or 9 track open reel or 8 inch or even 5 1/4 inch (hard
sectored maybe) floppies and you would have had to go to a service
bureau and pay money to even see if you had anything, and you'd have
been too cheap, and those ****ty snapshots would have been completely
forgotten and you'd have thrown them out.

In 50 years, film that is 50 years old today, will often if not
always be more usable than digital images taken today. If I gave you
the _video tape_ from my sister's seventh grade play-which I still
have-and you wanted to watch it, what would you do? It's on U-Matic.
Know what that is??

Consuelo Consumo. She's really Caroline ****ley in a Best Buy jacket,
you know.