[SI] Macro/Closeup

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30th 12, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bowser

Default [SI] Macro/Closeup - Some comments

On Tue, 29 May 2012 19:17:04 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Bowser:
Macro-01:
Nice retention of the detail in the dandelion on the verge of
detonation, emphasized by the shallow DOF. The B&W treatment works.
Macro-02:
This shot does not work as a B&W. The full color and texture of the
rusty surface would have been a better way to go.

I tried it both ways, and it's just preference. I guess I'm in a B&W
mood lately. I preferred the texture and shades of gray to the
somewhat annoying yellow colors of the original.

Macro-03:
Again, I would have preferred to have seen this showing the metallic
surface au natural. Perhaps in a little closer on the crown detail
would have made it a tad more interesting. An interesting piece none
the less.

The color shot didn't have a lot of color, and wasn't contrasty at the
right places to enhance the surface detail. I thought the B&W
converstion allowed me to enhance contrast and give a much better look
at the detail of the piece. BTW, the exhibit, Pompei, was awesome.