A Kodak moment! Finally, everything including me is working well!

Old January 29th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default A Kodak moment! Finally, everything including me is working well!

Despite all my problems with Quicktime and one problem with the camera
freezing on me; I have totally enjoyed my Kodak P850. I have taken
incredible still shots and movies of the deer, birds and people in the
area. This camera takes great shots once you understand its
capabilities. I thought I should relate this as I have always come on
board with problems. Now things are moving along beautifully! Love this
camera!

Old January 29th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote:

Despite all my problems with Quicktime and one problem with the
camera freezing on me; I have totally enjoyed my Kodak P850. I
have taken incredible still shots and movies of the deer, birds
and people in the area. This camera takes great shots once you
understand its capabilities. I thought I should relate this as I
have always come on board with problems. Now things are moving
along beautifully! Love this camera!

Why not post some of your results to alt.binaries.photos.original?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to see them.
Old January 29th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

I'm don't know how to post photos on here. Give me the instructions and
I will put them up! Thanks!

Old January 29th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote in
ups.com:

I'm don't know how to post photos on here. Give me the
instructions and I will put them up! Thanks!

Opps! I just checked you headers and I see that you're using Google
Groups. If that is your only access to the newsgroups, then you
can't post pictures. I'm sorry, I should have checked your headers
first. I thought you full newsfeed. I did not realize you were
using Google.

If you did have a full newsfeed, then here's how I would have
responded. Don't post images "here". This newsgroup does not allow
attachments to your posts; that is, things like pictures and music.
The newsgroup alt.binaries.photos.original that I mentioned is a good
place to post photographs. Just make sure that they are jpeg images
and not too big. An image size of about 600 x 900 pixels is fine
and keep the file size under 200 KB. Post a message as you normally
would and simply add the picture as an attachment.

Maybe you would want to look into getting a newsfeed with binaries.
There are several interesting photography oriente4d newsgroups.
Old January 29th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Mardon" wrote in message
. 130...
"Nemo" wrote in
ups.com:

[...]

There are places like Yahoo Pictures, or other free or lowcost web based
photo hosts.

Old January 29th 06, 09:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Nemo wrote:
I'm don't know how to post photos on here. Give me the instructions
and I will put them up! Thanks!

I use www.villagephotos.com , it's free and easy to use.

Dennis.

Old January 29th 06, 11:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Dennis Pogson wrote:
Nemo wrote:

I'm don't know how to post photos on here. Give me the instructions
and I will put them up! Thanks!

I use www.villagephotos.com , it's free and easy to use.

Dennis.

Or http://www.flickr.com/

Geoff
Old January 29th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Darrell Larose" wrote:

There are places like Yahoo Pictures, or other free or lowcost
web based photo hosts.

I agree that there are lots of places on the Web to display one's
photos for free. The Usenet binary photography groups, however, have
the advantage of allowing instant feedback. Post a picture asking
for comments and in a couple of hours you will no doubt receive
several replies. I find alt.binaries.photos.original to be one of
the best and friendliest groups for this purpose.

Since Nemo has an email address from Lakehead University, I suspect
that he can access a free Usenet feed of a.b.p.o from his university
account. He could at least ask. a.b.p.o is really a wonderful place
to share photos and get constructive feedback. It has a much more
'immediate' feel to it than any of the web-based photography sites.
Old January 29th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Nemo" wrote in message
ups.com...
Despite all my problems with Quicktime and one problem with the camera
freezing on me; I have totally enjoyed my Kodak P850. I have taken
incredible still shots and movies of the deer, birds and people in the
area. This camera takes great shots once you understand its
capabilities. I thought I should relate this as I have always come on
board with problems. Now things are moving along beautifully! Love this
camera!

Nemo, try this link:

http://www.dpreview.com/

There is a Kodak forum there, and you can find instructions on how to link
to your photos. Most of us store our pics on Photobucket.com (free). You
can post messages in the forum and link them so that your pics are displayed
in the body of your message. The dpreview.com site is great for Kodak users
(and actually for a lot of other cameras as well, since there are a number
of different forums. I just mentioned the Kodak one since those are the
cameras I own and use).