Old June 7th 09, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Default |GG| Olympus u4/3rds, an overpriced bust in the making?

RichA wrote:
$1000 for the body,

That sounds like too much for sure. The lenses will need to cost that
much each to match.

But... I really like the compact simple retro shape and tiny lens. I bet
it's a fake though, the bulky Lumix shown for comparison there is MUCH
bigger:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...2060474&page=2

no viewfinder, of any kind. And no excuse for not
having a viewfinder because the camera does not lack for space. To me
(especially given the poor resolution performance of the latest 12 meg
Olympus cameras) there is no reason to buy it over the G1 or GH1
Panasonic. Apart from the movie mode, I can't see this as being
anything other than a Sigma DP with interchangeable lenses. And the
crappy silver-coloured plastic kit lens just looks cheap. At least
the expensive Pentax "Limited" primes are METAL bodied.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32060474

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=32059861

--
Paul Furman