don't try to use alkaline battery instead of lithium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 7th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Default don't try to use alkaline battery instead of lithium !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The battery went flat in my partner's 35 mm camera.
It was a Lithium battery size 123. Now she only wanted to rewind
the film to develop it, and doesn't wish to use the camera
again, as we have a better camera.
Now in the $2 shop, I noticed a size 123 battery, but alkaline
not lithium. So I purchased one and shoved it into the camera.
But guess what happens - the motor goes tick tick tick poo-fackey
bzzzz slower and slower and the LCD fades to nothing.
So this cheap crap battery hasn't got the viscera to drive
a camera. Beware - don't waste your money on it.
BTW are these 123 batteries used for anything besides cameras?

Old May 7th 07, 07:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote in message
oups.com...
The battery went flat in my partner's 35 mm camera.
It was a Lithium battery size 123. Now she only wanted to rewind
the film to develop it, and doesn't wish to use the camera
again, as we have a better camera.
Now in the $2 shop, I noticed a size 123 battery, but alkaline
not lithium. So I purchased one and shoved it into the camera.
But guess what happens - the motor goes tick tick tick poo-fackey
bzzzz slower and slower and the LCD fades to nothing.
So this cheap crap battery hasn't got the viscera to drive
a camera. Beware - don't waste your money on it.
BTW are these 123 batteries used for anything besides cameras?

That's one of the reasons I bought my F5....It's got a little crank on the
supply spool side, which I can deploy and manually rewind the film into the
canister.....It also uses 8 AA size batteries too, which life I extend by
using that little crank whenever I can.......

Old May 7th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob

not surprised they have different voltages !!!!! Alkaline has lower voltage
... this could lead to a frying your camera

--
All outgoing emails are scanned with Norton Antivirus 2005

oups.com...

Old May 8th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On May 7, 5:20 pm, "Bob" wrote:
not surprised they have different voltages !!!!! Alkaline has lower voltage
.. this could lead to a frying your camera

--

No it is a 3 Volt same as the Lithium, but won't put out
the amps.

Old May 8th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

wrote
On May 7, 5:20 pm, "Bob" wrote:
[123 batts w/ no power to run camera]

No it is a 3 Volt same as the Lithium, but won't put out
the amps.

The 123A is a standard size "2/3A" battery. The one
needed is specifically designed for photographic
applications and says so on the battery.

There are many batteries that are the same size and are
sometimes sold as 123's for 99cents, often in reality
"BR-2/3A" batteries that only put out 2.5mA.

A 123 lithium battery specified as "standard type" is a low
drain battery.

You need a 123 battery specifically labeled for photographic/
camera use.

.. this could lead to a frying your camera

Should be quite safe: the same as putting a dead
battery in the camera, doesn't have the power to
fry much of anything.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm