Cameras at Reagan Funeral

Old June 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
William Graham

Default Cameras at Reagan Funeral

"TP" wrote in message
"William Graham" wrote:

"TP" wrote in message
.. .
Bill Turner wrote:

No one? How about the US Treasury? Does the phrase "printing press"
have any meaning to you? :-)

I'm not sure I want this to happen, but the possibility is there.

The possibility was there in post-WW1 Germany and in every South
American country you can think of.

In every case, the result was hyperinflation and the collapse of each
country's economy. In 1920s Germany you needed a suitcase full of
banknotes to pay for a loaf of bread,

Reagan took you to the brink.

Clinton restored sound money.

Now Bush is taking you to the brink again.

Funny....Alan Greenspan doesn't seem to think so.......

OK. Now Bush is taking you to the brink again,
aided and abetted by Alan Greenspan.

Happy now?

;-)

But Alan Greenspan was here during the Clinton administration. - I don't
think the president has the power to, "take us to the brink of inflation". I
don't think any president can do much of anything about that....Not even
congress seems to be able to do much about it. Bush is castigated for not
giving my money away to the poor, but for spending it on getting rid of
Saddam. Kerry will not spend it on war, but will steal my money to give to
the poor. In either case, inflation will increase. What I really want is to
spend my own money on what the hell I want to spend it on. I have never been
able to do this, and I can see now that I never will, so which one of them
gets elected doesn't really matter to me.

Old June 23rd 04, 01:25 AM
William Graham

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 05:33:48 GMT, "William Graham"
wrote:

I trust the people, and don't believe they are a bunch of
poor sheep who need to have some elitist liberal make their decisions for
them........

I too trust the people, if and only if they are informed on *all* sides
of an issue. The news media of today seems hell bent on ensuring they
have only one side. Some people are smart enough to see this but many
are not.

--
BT

Right. So the best "we" can do is to try to inform as many people as
possible of what "we" believe to be true, based on what we know, and what we
can guess from our own logic. This is what I try to do. It is my driving
force. It is why I practice my, "trollism", if that is what people believe
me to be. I can only do my best to inform.....If nothing else, I will force
people to think for themselves. When they go to the polls in November,
perhaps they will pull that lever with just one iota of understanding that
they might not have had without me.
It is no crime to teach, as long as you teach honestly, to make the
world what you believe to be a better place.