Question about memory cards in general (SanDisk in particular)

Old September 22nd 04, 08:22 AM
kreature

Default Question about memory cards in general (SanDisk in particular)

Hello, everyone.
I am going to buy a digital camera (Nikon Coolpix 5200), and was
wondering about what memory card to buy. Apart from the capacity, is
there a big difference in quality? Are there memory cards that give
"problems"? I have seen a SanDisk that is quite cheap in comparison to
other brands, and was wondering why is it... Are they "worse" than
other brands? Why?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Old September 28th 04, 11:19 PM
George E. Cawthon

I don't have much experience but no problem with my 512 MB SanDisk. I
think they are more responsive to the quick changes in cost of memory
so that may be part of the difference in cost. The card I bought just
dropped from $65 at the first of the month to $49 last week.

Old September 29th 04, 08:25 PM
GSW

Sandisk has announced a Ultra III and Extreme III cards, they claim
20MB/s read/write on these new cards... They are also talking about 4
and 8GB cards

Meanwhile you can buy Sandisk Ulta II cards for as little as 80
cents/GB. Which is a pretty good deal for a card that is capable of
50X write and 66X read speeds.