Bad day in Africa!

Old December 11th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Bad day in Africa!

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Savageduck

Old December 11th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
George Kerby

On 12/11/09 10:18 AM, in article
2009121108180164440-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
wrote:

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Sorry for your loss.

Old December 11th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_14_]

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Savageduck

I'm really sorry to hear that - but perhaps it will be an excuse to return
another time? Hope you had insurance and that you reported it to the
police.

Chin up!

David

Old December 11th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
me[_5_]

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:18:01 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

A real downer. Try to enjoy the rest of the trip.
Old December 11th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke

Savageduck wrote:
Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Hope it was all insured and that you had backups of the CF.
Old December 11th 09, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 09-12-11 11:18 , Savageduck wrote:

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Crap! Sorry to hear that. Real bummer.

Will insurance cover any of that? Mine will cover most, not all.
Old December 11th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Savageduck wrote:

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Damn!

Sorry to hear of this. Hope the rest goes well.

--
john mcwilliams
Old December 11th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2009-12-11 08:34:15 -0800, "J. Clarke" said:

Savageduck wrote:
Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Hope it was all insured and that you had backups of the CF.

Fortunately I have compete backups, minus the 8 or so shots taken today.

Savageduck

Old December 11th 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2009-12-11 09:24:07 -0800, John McWilliams said:

Savageduck wrote:

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200
VRII, Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards
being stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Damn!

Sorry to hear of this. Hope the rest goes well.

Thanks, it is just that it is tough to be philosphical about this sort
of thing. Now I feel like being violent.

Savageduck

Old December 11th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Savageduck" wrote in message

Well I had a bad day in Cape Town, South Africa today.
It started with a flat tire, and ended with my D300 + MB-D10, 18-200 VRII,
Black Rapid strap, Promote GPS, 2 x 8GB, and one 16GB CF cards being
stolen.

I have until December 21 on this trip. At least I still have my G11 to
fall back on.

Savageduck

I feel bad for you. I hope the rest of the trip goes MUCH better.
By the way, did you see the police about it and did they give you some sort
of document attestting that these aricles were stolen?
Something like that happened to me in Spain. The police document helped
considerably with the insurance company here.
Take care,
Marcel