Canon 5D II firmware update - audio bug

Old March 19th 10, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Canon 5D II firmware update - audio bug

On 2010-03-19 05:04:46 -0700, "David J Taylor"
said:

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , David J Taylor
writes
I don't doubt any of it: it just struck me as an oxymoron that a

Yes, although think of the many wonderful shows which are stills with
sound!

Yes... They use 25 stills per second :-)))

Droll! I was thinking of the ones where the stills are visible for
several seconds, perhaps with zooming or tracking.

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?
It is one of the slideshow presentation modes in iPhoto.

Savageduck

Old March 19th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Celcius

Default Canon 5D II firmware 2.0.4 is out now

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Canon strikes again!!

Dpreview: "Canon has detected a problem with the recently released
firmware for its 5D Mark II DSLR. With v2.0.3, sound recording will not
work if a manual record volume is used in the C1/C2/C3 custom settings
modes. The company is currently working on a firmware update to address
the issue and meanwhile requests users to change the sound recording
setting to Auto in the custom modes."

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

Canon has corrected it's flawed 2.0.3
Marcel

Old March 19th 10, 07:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's been
re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered it
for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 19th 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 10-03-19 5:42 , Chris H wrote:

...it just struck me as an oxymoron that a
"stills" SLR had a sound bug....

I think you're being deliberately obtuse.

DSLR's have provided many new features since their emergence (review of
images, histograms to start). That DSLR's would eventually provide
video recording was a foregone conclusion.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 19th 10, 07:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-03-19 12:01:40 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's
been re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered it
for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

Try Netflix, http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Ken_Burns_The Civil_War/ 5 discs.

Savageduck

Old March 19th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-03-19 12:01:40 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's
been re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered it
for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

Try Netflix, http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Ken_Burns_The Civil_War/ 5 discs.

Oops that should have been

Old March 19th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2010-03-19 12:01:40 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's been
re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered
it for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

Try Netflix, http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Ken_Burns_The Civil_War/ 5 discs.

I get a no such page message.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 19th 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2010-03-19 12:01:40 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's been
re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered
it for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

Try Netflix, http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Ken_Burns_The Civil_War/ 5 discs.

I only rent politicians. From time to time.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
Old March 19th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2010-03-19 12:01:40 -0700, Alan Browne
said:

On 10-03-19 9:46 , Savageduck wrote:

Do you mean the "Ken Burns" effect, as in his documentary series "The
Civil War" ?

I never get around to buying that series. I saw and taped the original
broadcast. Fantastic. Vowed to buy the DVD's and never do. (It's
been re-mastered as well, both film transfer and audio).

They aired a portion the other night (pledge week!) and they offered it
for $85 (11 hours + extra material on 5 DVD's) ... "... if I'd call
right now." Had other fish to fry.

Ah, it'll come 'round again.

It seems that Netflix link seems problematic. Just go to Netflix and
search for Ken Burns: The Civil War, http://www.netflix.com

Savageduck

Old March 19th 10, 07:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Elliott Roper

In article , celcius
wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/fir.../firmware.html

Canon strikes again!!

Dpreview: "Canon has detected a problem with the recently released
firmware for its 5D Mark II DSLR. With v2.0.3, sound recording will not
work if a manual record volume is used in the C1/C2/C3 custom settings
modes. The company is currently working on a firmware update to address
the issue and meanwhile requests users to change the sound recording
setting to Auto in the custom modes."

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

Canon has corrected it's flawed 2.0.3
Marcel

Thanks! Downloading now

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248