Quality of Adobe Premiere Elements slideshow output

Old December 4th 04, 06:59 PM
Dustin

Default Quality of Adobe Premiere Elements slideshow output

I get low slide show image quality and shimmering effects on the edges
of all the higher contrast demarcations within most stills.

Absolutely would covet your help that I may achieve full screen
slideshow quality that matches the beautiful source stills. I'm an
experienced photographer, Photoshop Elements editor, a power user of a
hefty XP machine (knowing that a Mac would be better) and eventually
want to incorporate digital camcorder motion video. I've been
ransacking the Adobe Premiere online help documentation and this
forum.

I imported a few dozen 90dpi 1280x960 pngs (from 35mm scanned/edited
transparencies and a 3mpixel camera) into Premier Elements, created
average 2 second timings with fade transitions, added music, both
enabled and disabled "optimize stills", both enabled and disabled
"flicker removal", both enabled and disabled frame blend speed
changes, outputed to avi for hard disk playback in WMP10 (also works
with the newest Cyberlink PowerDVD program). Even tried some psd,
tiff, and jpg images.

WMV slideshow output from Photoshop Elements 3.0 DOES provide high
quality images, but you can't customize the image/music timing as much
as Premiere Elements and exploit other creative features (though it
looks like you can time the images to within a tenth of a second).

Are there any quality advantages with Ulead Studio 8, Pinnacle Studio
9, or Pro Show Gold? There certainly aren't superior results with
MovieMaker or PhotoStory3. I achieve extremely high image quality and
nice transitions with Powerpoint, but it doesn't create an single file
with embedded music nor can you precisely synchronize the music with
the image transitions.

Adobe told me that Premier wouldn't produce higher quality than
Premier Elements. I wasn't willing to shell out $40 minimum to
receive suggestions from their technical support, even though there
would be no cost to discuss global issues with Premier Elements.