Explaining banding in Annika1980's images.

Old March 27th 09, 12:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Default Explaining banding in Annika1980's images.

D.Mac wrote:

You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples either...
The ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged grooms and
kite surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there, like filing
cabinets LOL.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

:-)

Old March 27th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...
D.Mac wrote:

You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples either...
The ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged grooms and
kite surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there, like filing
cabinets LOL.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

:-)

is that one of Douggies ??
**** even I can see the banding in that one, and the sun beam in the kids
chest is just brilliant, who did Douggie say he did his photo training with
again Stevie Wonder !!

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old March 27th 09, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Mark Thomas wrote:
Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...
D.Mac wrote:

You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples
either... The ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged
grooms and kite surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there,
like filing cabinets LOL.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

Seriously, the only possible excuse for that shot is for use as a
spot-all-the-problems image for teaching purposes.

Which is exactly what I use it for...
Old March 27th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Atheist Chaplain wrote:
"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...
D.Mac wrote:

You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples
either... The ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged
grooms and kite surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there, like
filing cabinets LOL.

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

:-)

is that one of Douggies ??

AFAIR, straight off one of his Weddins'n'crap sites.
A *promotion* shot.
Honest.

Old March 27th 09, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Gemini" wrote in message

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

http://www.pbase.com/image/47699823

No banding there, even at 16-bit. You do know those are mountain
ridges, right?

----------------

http://www.pbase.com/annika1980/image/6702013

Ah, finally .... I can see banding on this one when I set my video
driver to it's lower quality 16-bit setting!
I guess that's why I don't use the lower-quality setting. Also, this
shot is a stitched pano so that probably explains why the banding is
visible there on not on the other shots.

FWIW, there is still no banding on my seagull pic as Noons claimed,
even at 16-bit.

Now thanks for wasting 10 minutes of my time that I'll never get back.
Speaking of time, how much have the doctors given you?

I think maybe you need some eye glasses too. I'll send you my old pair I
no longer need after the laser surgery if you like.

Sure, the seagull is not too bad in the banding area but obviously you
haven't ever sold any of your pictures to a poster wholesaler - or even
tried too. If you had, you wouldn't so easily have missed the obvious... A
trait of yours you can't seem to shake off.

Bad news just keeps pouring in...
Reports of my premature demise are greatly exaggerated. You'll be
disappointed to hear that the surgery (although costly) was 100%
successful. I now look even more like Mel Gibson than ever before! LOL.

so your a fat ugly xenaphob racist prick with a drinking problem and a
misguided beliefe in a sky fairy.

Old March 28th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D.Mac[_3_]

Noons is right. Bret's over plasticized images suffer from banding. I'll go
further into this by explaining why he or the Idiot from OZ calling himself
Mark Thomas can't see it and the significance of trying to avoid it.

An easy way to avoid seeing flaws in your own images is to set your monitor
to run 32 bit (highest quality) mode. If you do this you most definitely
won't see the banding but ask yourself why would you *NOT* want to see flaws
and errors in the images you want to show other people?

Switch your monitor to 16 bit (high quality) mode and the banding in poorly
processed images sticks out like dogs balls. Hmmm. Maybe Adobe have a clue
after all in working on 64 bit processing?

The significance of the two modes is clear to anyone who uses a professional
printer or prints transparencies or supplies camera ready art to magazine
printers. Look at the work you are about to sell in 16 bit mode and you'll
see in advance if it's going to be rejected or not.

So when Noons says Bret's images are crap (which they mostly are), he's
looking at them from the exact same perspective a potential image library
editor or Magazine photo purchasing editor would.

The effect comes from over processing in Photoshop or similar programs. It
seldom exists in "straight from the camera" (or scanner) files.

I would have pointed to several really bad examples of banding on Mark
Thomas's web site but it got taken down when he didn't pay his hosting
account. ...ROTFL. What a dweeb!

So I'll show you a camera shot that doesn't have any banding it's taken with
a Sigma SD14 he http://www.d-mac.info/quicklook_sd14.htm. The SD 14
incidentally doesn't need it's images over processed in Photoshop so it
doesn't produce banding in them like Bret's Canon pics often do.

You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples either... The
ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged grooms and kite
surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there, like filing cabinets LOL.

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?
http://www.pbase.com/image/47699823
http://www.pbase.com/annika1980/image/6702013

D-Mac.info

--
Visit my site: D-Mac.info
My photos, Information about trolls

Old March 28th 09, 10:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 28/03/2009 2:04 AM:
On Mar 27, 8:16 am, "Jeff R." wrote:

http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg

How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?

My monitor must be out of sorts because on my monitor it looks like
there's a tree growing out of a guy's skull.

It is. I told you many times already:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/99721047
Old March 28th 09, 10:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 28/03/2009 2:23 AM:

FWIW, there is still no banding on my seagull pic as Noons claimed,
even at 16-bit.

Like I said, dip****: look at the pixelation of the sky just above the bird in
the "large" image. It's so obvious even an uncalibrated laptop at work showed
it. Let alone anything with a little bit of proper calibration or correct settings.

Ah yes: it's all caused by "16-bit monitors that only display 8-bit".
Sure...
Old March 28th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:42:48 +1100, "Atheist Chaplain" wrote:
: "Jeff R." wrote in message
: u...
: D.Mac wrote:
:
: You won't find banding in any of my wedding site's examples either...
: The ones Bret so happily heaps **** on about one legged grooms and
: kite surfer's, even stuff he sees that isn't there, like filing
: cabinets LOL.
:
:
: http://www.mendosus.com/photography/composition.jpg
:
:
: How's it feel getting some of your own back Jackass?
:
: :-)
:
:
:
:
: is that one of Douggies ??
: **** even I can see the banding in that one, and the sun beam in the kids
: chest is just brilliant, who did Douggie say he did his photo training with
: again Stevie Wonder !!

I can't make out the banding, only the poorly aligned horizon and the lack of
sorely needed fill flash. Oh, and the fact that the subjects are too far away.

It's really a pretty bad picture. Are you sure Doug took it?

Bob
Old March 28th 09, 01:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 10:50:04 +1100, "Atheist Chaplain" wrote:
: "Gemini" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: "Annika1980" wrote in message
: ...
: On Mar 27, 11:55 pm, "D.Mac" wrote:
:
:
:
[...]

He does, however, know how to use a spell checker.

Bob