25 MP sensor of Sony

Old January 30th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default 25 MP sensor of Sony

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?
--

Alfred Molon
Old January 30th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Jan 30, 11:08*am, Alfred Molon wrote:
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?

Since it is a full field lens the pixels are still fairly large, in
fact not much smaller then the pixels on my 350D and 20D. My cheap
50mm lens if plently sharp enough for both of those camera so I would
think it would be for a 25MP FF camera, not that Sony will be nice
enough to produce a camera with a Canon lens mount.

My 300mm f/4 IS L lens is good enough that not only can I get sharp
image with the pixels size of my cameras but it even gives fairly
sharp image when using a 1.4x tele-converter. That lens on a FF
camera with 25MP would be a joy to use.

Scott

Old January 30th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_3_]

Alfred Molon wrote:
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?

Forget that, how many hard drives would you need for a day's shooting?
Old January 30th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Brendan Gillatt[_2_]

Old January 30th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 22:08:24 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?

Since the sensor seems to be the same size as a 35mm frame, I would
assume that standard 35mm lenses should be adequate.
Old January 30th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 16:22:12 -0500, Cynicor wrote:

Alfred Molon wrote:
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/corporate_news/

release/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?

Forget that, how many hard drives would you need for a day's shooting?

Only one, if it's large enough!
Old January 30th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Al Dykes

In article ,
Cynicor wrote:
Alfred Molon wrote:
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_ro...ase/33192.html

What lens would you need for a beast like this? Probably something
better than a 100 Euro kit lens, right?

Forget that, how many hard drives would you need for a day's shooting?

I was looking at the 6 frames/sec capability. With 3 bytes/pixel,
that's 450M Bytes/Sec sustained transfer rate and/or a Gigabyte of RAM
in-camera to buffer a burst of two seconds.

The fact that solid-state disks are becomming affordable may be part
of solution, but I don't know what kind of cable can be designed to
conect a camera to a laptop. Wireless?

--
Al Dykes

Old January 30th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ali

Maybe I am wrong, but there is no substance to this press release.

They have only announced the development of the 25mp full frame sensor.
There is no physical product yet.

Old January 30th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Al Dykes says...

I was looking at the 6 frames/sec capability. With 3 bytes/pixel,
that's 450M Bytes/Sec sustained transfer rate and/or a Gigabyte of RAM
in-camera to buffer a burst of two seconds.

More likely it's 12 or 14 bit/pixel, not 24 bit.
--

Alfred Molon
Old January 30th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
frederick

Ali wrote:
Maybe I am wrong, but there is no substance to this press release.

They have only announced the development of the 25mp full frame sensor.
There is no physical product yet.

Then it could be a good relief to them, if their engineers/designers
ever bother to read ng, that a full-frame chip, intended for high-end
cameras, should have at least 14 bit d/a converter, not 12 bit as in
their press release. They can now go back and get it right. All new
high end cameras from Canon and Nikon have 14 bit.