Sedona Arizona over the 4th of july

Old June 25th 04, 08:42 AM
Tony Graber

Default Sedona Arizona over the 4th of july

I am staying in Sedona, Arizona for three days over the July 4th
weekend. I have never been there before, but am excited to go. Any
thoughts or ideas on where to go for can't miss shots? Where is the
best spot for getting a magnificent sunrise and sunset. Where to go for
good shots during the day. I have a car and am not limited to Sedona,
but am willing to go to the surrounding area. I do want to stay within
the Sedona vicinity, but would like to do some hiking.

Any thoughts?

Tony Graber
Tucson, AZ

Old June 25th 04, 08:41 PM
Tony Parkinson

"Tony Graber" wrote ...
I am staying in Sedona, Arizona for three days over the July 4th
weekend. I have never been there before, but am excited to go. Any
thoughts or ideas on where to go for can't miss shots? Where is the
best spot for getting a magnificent sunrise and sunset. Where to go for
good shots during the day. I have a car and am not limited to Sedona,
but am willing to go to the surrounding area. I do want to stay within
the Sedona vicinity, but would like to do some hiking.
Any thoughts?

Haven't been there since I moved back to England from Phoenix in 1998, but
the places that spring to mind are :-

Chapel of the Holy Cross
Cathedral Rock/Red Rock Crossing
Schnebly Hill Road
Pretty much anywhere along Oak Creek Canyon
views from Airport Mesa
Boynton Canyon

Further afield:
Montezuma's Castle N.M.
Arcosanti
Jerome
Tuzigoot N.M.
Verde Canyon Railroad
Historic buildings in Prescott

--
Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity