How would I recover photograph's from a memory card?

Old May 26th 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Keeno[_3_]

Default How would I recover photograph's from a memory card?

Hello

My Parents have just returned from Holiday and a few days before they
got back my Dad's Digital Camera had a major issue.
It is a Olympus X-42 12MP Camera, and the memory card is an Olympus
1GB.

When he now turns the Camera on it tells him to clean the memory card,
and when we try to recover the card on the PC it wont do so, saying we
have to reformat it.

Any advice or tips for software to recover these photo's would be most
appreciated.

Thank you.

Old May 26th 10, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown

On 26/05/2010 08:52, Keeno wrote:
Hello

My Parents have just returned from Holiday and a few days before they
got back my Dad's Digital Camera had a major issue.
It is a Olympus X-42 12MP Camera, and the memory card is an Olympus
1GB.

When he now turns the Camera on it tells him to clean the memory card,
and when we try to recover the card on the PC it wont do so, saying we
have to reformat it.

Any advice or tips for software to recover these photo's would be most
appreciated.

PhotoRescue or something like that. Whatever you do make an exact binary
copy of the original media before attempting any kind of repair. Any of
the decent tools should let you do this.

Some file recovery programs are better than others. If the media itself
has become defective then you could be out of luck.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old May 27th 10, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Keeno[_4_]

Issue has been sorted, thank goodness.

Old May 27th 10, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Keeno wrote:
Issue has been sorted, thank goodness.

It's "a good thing" to share the solution to such.

--
john mcwilliams