EOS Body- Manual glass?

Old September 4th 05, 02:57 PM
Martin Francis

Default EOS Body- Manual glass?

Anyone use manual glass extensively on an EOS body? Any experiences, samples
etc.?

After some consideration, I think i'm looking at a 5D with 35mm f1.4L and
100mm f2.0, but I already have some manual Nikkors (50mm f1.4, possibly 85mm
f1.4 if the service job works out okay) i'd like to use occasionally, as
well as a Tamron 90mm macro in adaptall, and might be tempted into some
cheap Zeiss glass in Y/C mount. I'm just wondering, if results are good and
operation is practical, whether I need Canon glass at all... a used Zeiss
35/1.4 is half the price of a new Canon L, after all.

Thanks in advance,

Martin