Olympus Stylus Verve Digital Experience?

Old October 17th 04, 07:45 AM
egf_repeats

Default Olympus Stylus Verve Digital Experience?

My wife and I are seeking to buy a second take-it-all-around digital
camera. I know there are ultra compact, ultra-thin ultra-sleek
ultra-compact, etc. categories out there. Anyway our major concerns are
the physical size (coz my wife will use it mostly), response time and
respectful image quality. So we went out this afternoon to get some
real life impressions of the cameras at local stores.

After visits to BestBuy and Microcenter, our choices narrowed down to
Minolta Dimage Xt, Xg; Nikon x200 series; Sony DSC T1. We ruled out the
Canon ones coz both of us agreed that their design is dull and on the
"ugly" side.

We finally got to Circuit City and the sales guy brought up a "just
arrived" Olympus Stylus Verve. Frankly it was really a "Wow"
impression. That little thing is so catchy in design that it's like
iPod in the mp3 player world. We played it for a while and fell in love
with it immediately. The response is pretty fast when you press the
power button. And the new TFT LCD screen is so nice that it out shines
all other cameras on the shelf.

We came back and did some research on this new Olympus model on
dpreview and google. It seems there haven't been any formal reviews on
it. I just want to ask if anybody has got some experience on this cute
camera and what the impressions are.

Thanks.

Old October 17th 04, 08:09 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

We came back and did some research on this new Olympus model on
dpreview and google. It seems there haven't been any formal reviews on
it. I just want to ask if anybody has got some experience on this cute
camera and what the impressions are.

I agree completely that it's a very cool (fun) design; my daughter saw one
and fell in love with it. The main downside I see is a very limited range
on the zoom (35-70mm equivalent, I believe). Very odd to have a 2 to 1 zoom
on a mid-priced digital camera.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com