OT photography & equipment, New toy

Old June 1st 15, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

Default OT photography & equipment, New toy

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

--
PeterN
Old June 1st 15, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 31, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

So, are we talking about a 105mm f/2.8 macro?

Savageduck

Old June 1st 15, 04:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

PeterN Wrote in message:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

I must protest against rhe untimely use of the OT tag! ;-p
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old June 1st 15, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 31, 2015, MC wrote
(in ):

PeterN wrote:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

Obviously not doing the job you want it to do if you have to (yet
again) crop your images. The second image of the two is sh*t, why
bother posting it? Bin it.

MC

I have to agree. I don’t see the point of cropping from a low res jpeg. The
result is going to to be messy, and this one is particularly bad.

What were you trying to do?

If you wanted a tight crop you should have done that to the RAW file in LR,
or the converted RAW in PS, but never to a JPEG.

Savageduck

Old June 1st 15, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/31/2015 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 31, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

So, are we talking about a 105mm f/2.8 macro?

--

Yup! Optically the Tamron waas fairly close, and weighs less. My
decision was based upon the sturdier construction. I tend to be rough on

--
PeterN
Old June 1st 15, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/31/2015 11:13 PM, MC wrote:
PeterN wrote:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

Obviously not doing the job you want it to do if you have to (yet
again) crop your images. The second image of the two is sh*t, why
bother posting it? Bin it.

It was not posted as a "see what a great image I maed."
It was posted for informational purposes.
BTW There was no point in getting closer, as the wasp decided to fly
after I took the first shot.

--
PeterN
Old June 1st 15, 01:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/1/2015 12:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 31, 2015, MC wrote
(in ):

PeterN wrote:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

Obviously not doing the job you want it to do if you have to (yet
again) crop your images. The second image of the two is sh*t, why
bother posting it? Bin it.

MC

I have to agree. I don’t see the point of cropping from a low res jpeg. The
result is going to to be messy, and this one is particularly bad.

Of course he is.

What were you trying to do?

If you wanted a tight crop you should have done that to the RAW file in LR,
or the converted RAW in PS, but never to a JPEG.

Later today. Waiting to take my wife for her dialysis.

Savageduck

--
PeterN
Old June 1st 15, 01:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 5/31/2015 11:13 PM, MC wrote:
PeterN wrote:

I was playing with a new toy this morning.
This is just a test shot, but I was happy with the capability.

A moderate crop

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878.jpg

A severe crop:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878_crop.jpg

The severe crop was made by cropping the low res jpeg crop:

Obviously not doing the job you want it to do if you have to (yet
again) crop your images. The second image of the two is sh*t, why
bother posting it? Bin it.

It was not posted as a "see what a great image I maed."
It was posted for informational purposes.
BTW There was no point in getting closer, as the wasp decided to fly
after I took the first shot.

Uhh.?. Nevermind!
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old June 1st 15, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

PeterN wrote:

[...]

From the PSD. I think it's about 50% too heavy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150531_8878%20heavy%20crop.jpg

--
PeterN
Old June 1st 15, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Mort[_3_]

PeterN wrote:
Later today. Waiting to take my wife for her dialysis.

I am sorry to hear of your wife's being on dialysis. My late wife was on
dialysis for several months, and it was most difficult for both of us.
Fortunately, she then got a sibling transplant which functioned well
until her sad demise 34 years later. I wish your wife good luck.

Mort Linder

---