DSLR's cutting-edge capabilities are nice, but no longer needed?

Old May 17th 15, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default DSLR's cutting-edge capabilities are nice, but no longer needed?

In article , RichA wrote:

RichA:
You can produce a decent shot of almost anything with lesser
cameras today. So who really needs "the best?"

Sandman:
Professional and prosumer photographers. You're welcome.

"Prosumers need the best...HA HA HA HA!" WANT, yes; NEED? NO!

Laugh it up, fuzzball. Doesn't change the answer.

Professional and prosumer photographers need DSLR.

--
Sandman
Old May 17th 15, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

In article , RichA
wrote:

RichA:
You can produce a decent shot of almost anything with lesser
cameras today. So who really needs "the best?"

Sandman:
Professional and prosumer photographers. You're welcome.

"Prosumers need the best...HA HA HA HA!" WANT, yes; NEED? NO!

Laugh it up, fuzzball. Doesn't change the answer.

Professional and prosumer photographers need DSLR.

Prosumer = Professional consumer???

I could be that. Anyone hiring?
--
teleportation kills
Old May 17th 15, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 18/05/2015 2:22 a.m., android wrote:

Prosumer = Professional consumer???

It's a vomitrociuous term (not bodacious). Anecdata suggests it was
invented by banksters or other followers of Reaganomics, imagineered to
exploit affluenza. It's been a ginormous success - exceeding guesstimates.

Due to the hideosity of the word, and irregardless of the confusion it
may cause the digerati, I prefer the portmanteau "Confessional" camera.

Old May 18th 15, 08:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , Me
wrote:

On 18/05/2015 2:22 a.m., android wrote:

Prosumer = Professional consumer???

It's a vomitrociuous term (not bodacious). Anecdata suggests it was
invented by banksters or other followers of Reaganomics, imagineered to
exploit affluenza. It's been a ginormous success - exceeding guesstimates.

Due to the hideosity of the word, and irregardless of the confusion it
may cause the digerati, I prefer the portmanteau "Confessional" camera.

Oki...
--
teleportation kills
Old May 18th 15, 08:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

RichA:
You can produce a decent shot of almost anything with
lesser cameras today. So who really needs "the best?"

Sandman:
Professional and prosumer photographers. You're
welcome.

RichA:
"Prosumers need the best...HA HA HA HA!" WANT, yes; NEED? NO!

Sandman:
Laugh it up, fuzzball. Doesn't change the answer.

Professional and prosumer photographers need DSLR.

Prosumer = Professional consumer???

I could be that. Anyone hiring?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosumer

You're welcome.

--
Sandman
Old May 18th 15, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , RichA wrote:

RichA:
You can produce a decent shot of almost anything with
lesser cameras today. So who really needs "the best?"

Sandman:
Professional and prosumer photographers. You're
welcome.

RichA:
"Prosumers need the best...HA HA HA HA!" WANT, yes; NEED? NO!

Sandman:
Laugh it up, fuzzball. Doesn't change the answer. Professional and
prosumer photographers need DSLR.

Neeeeedddd. Gotta havvvvee!! For what? Bragging rights? For
their "great" photographic efforts? So they can watch a pro with
lesser gear run rings around them?

Are professional photographers watching other professional photographers running
rings around them? Not sure what you think you're talking about.

Professional and semi-professional ("Prosumer") photographers need DSLR equipment
on a general level, to get access to fast autofocus, premium glass and many other
DSLR-only advantages.

--
Sandman
Old May 18th 15, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 5/18/15 PDT 12:37 AM, Rich A wrote:
On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 5:39:33 PM UTC-4, Me wrote:
On 18/05/2015 2:22 a.m., android wrote:

Prosumer = Professional consumer???

It's a vomitrociuous term (not bodacious). Anecdata suggests it was
invented by banksters or other followers of Reaganomics, imagineered to
exploit affluenza. It's been a ginormous success - exceeding guesstimates.

Due to the hideosity of the word, and irregardless of the confusion it
may cause the digerati, I prefer the portmanteau "Confessional" camera.

Agreed, it is a repellant word. Not for the left-wing ideas put forth, but because it appears to confer greater talent or knowledge on the part of the buyer of a "prosumer" camera than a non-prosumer camera. I've known people who owned five-figure gear who didn't know what the F--- they were doing with a camera. Meanwhile, Dpreview has people who are accomplished but not professional photographers just moving from things like the Nikon D5100 only now.

No, not an attractive sounding word, and, as with many words, can be
misused. However, it conveys a clear meaning to me, and therefor I will
allow it to exist in our language.

--

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.