"Photoshop" alternatives

Old May 14th 15, 08:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default "Photoshop" alternatives

On 5/14/2015 1:03 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2015 12:39:14 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't offer:
Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

I can only assume that android does not use the subscription model and
therefore doesn't understand it. CC is not used offline.

yes it is.

I mistyped. I meant CC is not used online. My error.

Anyone who is discussing in good faith would have recognized the typo.
But then, you and i are not allowed to make typos. That allowance is
reserved to certain others.

The only
thing that may be online and may be inaccessible in case of an outage
are stored images, but these images should also be on the user's
computer.

which contradicts what you just said.

So nice of you to point this out. When you make one of your clanging
bloopers, you whine that we should have known what you meant.
Everything I've written about CC indicates that I fully understand it
is used offline.

Also, I acknowledge errors. Something you don't do.

There is no need for him to acknowledge erros. He never makes any. If he
mistates a fact, its your fault. You should understand what he was
talking about.

--
PeterN
Old May 14th 15, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't
offer: Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

which means it works perfectly fine offline, exactly as i said.

however, if you expect to be offline for more than 90 days, you might
have issues, and not just with photoshop either.

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

the meaning is obvious.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.

Hurricane season is approaching down here. While I would like to
think that no internet availability is an extreme edge case, I got
very edgy last year when my cable connection was out for a week.

you have an iphone and an ipad, do you not? you still had internet
access.

and one week outage isn't an issue anyway. it needs to be at least 30
days, often 90 days for photoshop to start complaining.
Old May 14th 15, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Also, I acknowledge errors. Something you don't do.

i always do when there's proof.

your twisting and lying is not proof that i'm wrong.

As we all know here, "twisting" is your description of having what you
said repeated back to you verbatim.

bull****. you consistently twist and change things to alter what i said
just so you can argue.
Old May 14th 15, 08:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 14, 2015, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Thu, 14 May 2015 10:19:52 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

If for some reason your monthly payment has failed, I had a credit
card reissued due to the Target fiasco and that resulted in a failure to
complete the payment to Adobe. They contacted be via email and notified me
of
the issue and asked for that to be corrected within 14 days. I had no
interruption in CC service or use of PS or LR.

You don't even need a fiasco to have this sort of problem. All you
need is to forget to notify them when your credit card expiration date
is changed.

I just had that happen with my SiriusXM car radio annual charge, and
it prompted me to think of who else has that credit card on file for
auto payments.

Yup! ā€œSā€ stuff happens, and I think Adobe understands this.

Savageduck

Old May 14th 15, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| ...and the source of that story is the decidedly anti-Adobe Register.
| It is full of misinformation and FUD.

I didn't find it especially critical, though TheRegister
specializes in criticizing everyone. I think it was
just an excuse to do a "graphic software roundup"
filler piece.
Adobe's subscription deal is very much a negative
to some people, including me, despite the fact that
I wouldn't be terribly shaken up to find it offline for
a day. I just don't want subscription. (And I don't
want to pay 10 times what a product is worth. But
that's a sparate issue.

I think if you weren't so Adobe-biased yourself you'd
see that TheRegister wasn't really complimenting
anyone. For that matter, they weren't really providing
useful information at all.

I use PSP 5 & 16. They call the PSP16 interface "modern".
I call it very poor design and disrespectful of user preference,
which is an inexcusable flaw in professional software.
Dark gray and orange? It's ugly. And the 3 windows
is nothing more than wasteful gimmickry. Worse, there's
no way to make it default to open into the "real" editor
window. On the other hand, TheRegister criticized PSP for
poor RAW support. But it's not intended to have full RAW
support. There's Aftershot Pro for that. All in all, I don't
think they provided any really useful information.

Their breezy reviews of other products seemed equally
uninformative to me. I used to make TheRegister my
first stop for tech news, but I think they've gone downhill
in recent years. I rarely even bother to try deciphering
their juvenile, pun-infested headlines anymore. It's just
not worth the trouble. "titsup" is a good example. But I've
never known TheRegister to be unfair in their criticism.
There are some very knowledgeable people there. They
just don't hesitate to make digs about the problems with
Apple or Adobe.

Old May 15th 15, 06:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Tony Cooper wrote:

On Thu, 14 May 2015 13:06:04 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

The two I mentioned do have one feature in common that CC doesn't
offer: Continuos ofline operation...

nonsense. cc works perfectly fine offline.

It requirers authentication periodically after installation.

which means it works perfectly fine offline, exactly as i said.

however, if you expect to be offline for more than 90 days, you might
have issues, and not just with photoshop either.

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature. CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.

Hurricane season is approaching down here. While I would like to
think that no internet availability is an extreme edge case, I got
very edgy last year when my cable connection was out for a week.

Yes, and then when everybody's safe it can be nice to be able to use the
'puter the old-fashioned way.
--
teleportation kills
Old May 15th 15, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

Adobe's subscription deal is very much a negative
to some people, including me, despite the fact that
I wouldn't be terribly shaken up to find it offline for
a day. I just don't want subscription.

it's a negative to some people and a positive to others.
Old May 15th 15, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

the meaning is obvious.

No one else's meaning of anything is always obvious. You often
prattle on about something when your "obvious" meaning is not what you
stated but what you later say you meant.

it's not only obvious, but he confirmed it to be exactly what i said it
was.

you're as usual, argue just to argue.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.

Hurricane season is approaching down here. While I would like to
think that no internet availability is an extreme edge case, I got
very edgy last year when my cable connection was out for a week.

you have an iphone and an ipad, do you not? you still had internet
access.

I could not have kept up with your interesting and informative posts
and objections to everything that anyone else says using my iPhone or
iPad. I would rather eat worms than use Google Groups.

perhaps there's a fresh batch for you with the summer fishing season.
Old May 15th 15, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

Some folks might consider COO, Continuos Offline Operation a feature.
CC
does not, as you said have that feature.

I'm not interested in starting a fight over this, but I don't
understand what you mean by Continuous Offline Operation in this
context.

no internet connection for an extended period.

Well Sir! Thank's for asking. I'm soo sorry for not being totally clear
on this... I mean that the user is offline for an extended period or
whishes that the software so is! Like on a dessert island in Polynesia,
or something. Prego!

that's exactly what i said.

That's what *you* may think it means, but I'm asking android what he
means.

these days, that is an extreme edge case. a *lot* of things won't work
without an internet connection, including posting to usenet.

Hurricane season is approaching down here. While I would like to
think that no internet availability is an extreme edge case, I got
very edgy last year when my cable connection was out for a week.

Yes, and then when everybody's safe it can be nice to be able to use the
'puter the old-fashioned way.

the old-fashioned way is offline, using a dial-up modem for occasional
connections.
Old May 15th 15, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Also, I acknowledge errors. Something you don't do.

i always do when there's proof.

I. E. when your caught...

your twisting and lying is not proof that i'm wrong.

As we all know here, "twisting" is your description of having what you
said repeated back to you verbatim.

Or executing a dance that was popular in the sixties. I goes well with
shouting!

bull****. you consistently twist and change things to alter what i said
just so you can argue.

Your talking to the man in the mirror. That's a way of life...
--
teleportation kills