digital photo frames, help please.......

Old November 20th 05, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default digital photo frames, help please.......

Hi there

Im looking for a digi frame for my wife for xmas, and I am after some
recommendations please.

She would like

a) one that you can alter the frame to

b) also, one which has integrated memory, so no need for memory cards

Now after looking online, I am seeing nothing in the line of integrated
memory. They all seem to be memory card specific.

If anyone can suggest one which doesn't use a memory card I'd be
grateful. If not, then I am looking at the Pacific Digital MemoryFrame
MF-810.

I am a little unsure about one last thing. With these frames that use
memory cards, is there any way of uploading photos from a pc onto them?
Maybe Im not catching on, but does it mean that you can only use the
digital frames for pictures that have been taken and saved on ones
camera memory, eg, direct from camera-frame.

Sorry, if I am being dumb

Thanks for reading

Lee

Old November 20th 05, 11:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

waxwabbit wrote:
[...]

I believe the one currently advertised by Kodak has internal memory, but
is fed by memory cards. Price is rather high (in my opinion), at $250.
WHY can one buy a DVD player for about $100, yet they want over twice as
much for a simpler device? Strange.

--
Ron Hunter
Old November 20th 05, 03:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:30:44 -0600, Ron Hunter
wrote:

waxwabbit wrote:
[...]

I don't have one, so I'm guessing here...
Do they have a better LCD display than the DVD player?

--
Bill Funk
Replace "g" with "a"
Old November 21st 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
news
waxwabbit wrote:
[...]

Not strange, volume, make enough of something and you can make it real
cheap, more so if you get it from China.
Dave Cohen

--
Ron Hunter

Old November 21st 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

waxwabbit wrote:
Hi there

Im looking for a digi frame for my wife for xmas, and I am after some
recommendations please.

She would like

a) one that you can alter the frame to

b) also, one which has integrated memory, so no need for memory cards

Now after looking online, I am seeing nothing in the line of integrated
memory. They all seem to be memory card specific.

If anyone can suggest one which doesn't use a memory card I'd be
grateful. If not, then I am looking at the Pacific Digital MemoryFrame
MF-810.

you will love it!! I am amazed at mine.
newer ones will work on a wireless network.

I am a little unsure about one last thing. With these frames that use
memory cards, is there any way of uploading photos from a pc onto them?

usb connection, and now wireless network (802.xx).