Texas in March - Must See Sites?

Old February 3rd 04, 01:46 AM
Pete

Default Texas in March - Must See Sites?

We'll be doing a lengthy road trip in March, mostly exploring Texas.

Would appreciate some tips on photo sites that should not be missed.

I'm into all sorts of photography, including nature, landscapes,
architectural, candids and abstracts.

Thanks!!
Old February 3rd 04, 02:13 AM
Colyn

Pete wrote:

We'll be doing a lengthy road trip in March, mostly exploring Texas.

Would appreciate some tips on photo sites that should not be missed.

I'm into all sorts of photography, including nature, landscapes,
architectural, candids and abstracts.

Thanks!!

If you are in Northeast Texas (Texarkana) on Mar. 19-21, a 30 minute
drive East on IH 30 to Old Washington State Park via Hope Ark. will be
well worth the drive.

This is the annual Jonquil Festival. Info can be found at the below
url..

This is where the original Bowie knife was made..and during the Civil
War was the Capital of Arkansas...

http://www.oldwashingtonstatepark.com/

Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng
http://www.colyngoodson.com
http://www.colyngoodson.com/manuals.html
Old February 3rd 04, 02:18 AM
Francis A. Miniter

The Johnson Space Center an hour southeast of Houston has some
incredible sights, especially the enormous Saturn moon rocket lying on
its side, bigger than a 25 story building.

Francis A. Miniter

Old February 3rd 04, 11:12 PM
Bob Monaghan

Don't forget Big Bend Park for nature stuff ;-)
see http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/dallas.html on Big-D

Miller published a number of texas day trip travel guides, IIRC texas
photo safaris and so on

the state of texas will be glad to send you a free guide to the state,
thick, maps, and all that, see

http://www.traveltex.com/

hope this helps - it is a big state! enjoy - bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *
********************Standard Disclaimers Apply*************************
Old February 7th 04, 01:05 AM
Pete

Thanks for the tips everyone. Will let you know how it goes...
Old February 9th 04, 02:13 AM
John Herron

No one hit on my favs.

For beaches and birds (March is good time for shorebirds in Texas)
North Padre Island near Corpus Christi.
South Padre Island - further drive, via Brownsville
Matagorda Island State park - beach with very little public access.
Enchanted Rock State Park - big, pink granite monolith.
Big Bend National Park - what can one say, fantastic scenics

Birds -
Hans Suiter Marsh in Corpus Christi
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge

John Herron
Austin, TX

Old February 9th 04, 04:52 AM
Pete

Pete wrote:
We'll be doing a lengthy road trip in March, mostly exploring Texas.

Would appreciate some tips on photo sites that should not be missed.

I'm into all sorts of photography, including nature, landscapes,
architectural, candids and abstracts.

Thanks!!

Great list John, thanks a million!
Old February 9th 04, 05:00 PM
Nick

Here's a photo gallery of things to see in SOUTH TEXAS:

http://www.southtexasfilm.com/locations.htm

Good luck!
Old February 20th 04, 04:32 AM
Arch(TX)

Pete, don't forget San Antonio. A number of old missions here,
beautiful photo possibilities. The Alamo is most famous but I
prefer the small, old missions mainly on the south side of town.
Simple but beautiful.

--
Arch (San Antonio, Texas)

Sometimes raising children is like