Petzval is shipping!

Old December 12th 13, 10:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Petzval is shipping!

Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As far as I
know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be getting mine until
january. But it's pretty exciting to see the project bearing fruits!

--
Sandman[.net]
Old December 13th 13, 08:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

In article ,

Sandman:
Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As
far as I know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be
getting mine until january. But it's pretty exciting to see the
project bearing fruits!

Fuzzy pictures 4 u today! http://tinyurl.com/okl7me8

I prefer non-fuzzy pictures, but thanks.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old December 13th 13, 09:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 07:32:59 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As far as I
know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be getting mine until
january. But it's pretty exciting to see the project bearing fruits!

Fuzzy pictures 4 u today!
http://tinyurl.com/okl7me8

It's cheaper to use vaseline (on the lens).

Eric Stevens
Old December 13th 13, 09:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , android wrote:

Sandman:
Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping.
As far as I know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I
won't be getting mine until january. But it's pretty exciting
to see the project bearing fruits!

android:
Fuzzy pictures 4 u today! http://tinyurl.com/okl7me8

Eric Stevens:
It's cheaper to use vaseline (on the lens).

I might actually get one.... Just to se what the fuzz is all about!
Not tomorrow though. ;-p

I have the lens baby system, and you can use the single glass otpics, or
the plastic lens for this effect. They also have the pinhole and zone plate
lenses for more retro feeling. So you can take crappy pictures with your
modern SLR

--
Sandman[.net]
Old December 13th 13, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
YouDontNeedToKnowButItsNoëlle

Le 13/12/13 10:28, Sandman a écrit :

I have the lens baby system, and you can use the single glass otpics, or
the plastic lens for this effect. They also have the pinhole and zone plate
lenses for more retro feeling. So you can take crappy pictures with your
modern SLR

And then digitally add scratches and dust !
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs19/f/20...MissUmlaut.jpg

The full title is : change of thoothbrush every 3 months is reccommanded.

Noëlle Adam
Old December 13th 13, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-12-13 09:28:54 +0000, Sandman said:

In article , android wrote:

Sandman:
Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping.
As far as I know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I
won't be getting mine until january. But it's pretty exciting
to see the project bearing fruits!

android:
Fuzzy pictures 4 u today! http://tinyurl.com/okl7me8

Eric Stevens:
It's cheaper to use vaseline (on the lens).

I might actually get one.... Just to se what the fuzz is all about!
Not tomorrow though. ;-p

I have the lens baby system, and you can use the single glass otpics, or
the plastic lens for this effect. They also have the pinhole and zone plate
lenses for more retro feeling. So you can take crappy pictures with your
modern SLR

Aah! An MSLR. ;-)

Savageduck

Old December 14th 13, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , RichA wrote:

Sandman:
Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As
far as I

know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be getting
mine until

january. But it's pretty exciting to see the project bearing
fruits!

Please tell me your getting the brass unit and not one of the ugly,
Americanized black units I saw on their homepage? Petzvals should be
brass.

I'm not sure what "Americanized" means to you, I think the black ones are
beautiful. I did, however, order a brass one.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old December 14th 13, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 12/13/2013 9:06 PM, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:17:41 AM UTC-5, Sandman wrote:
Yes, the first batch of 500 petzval lenses are now shipping. As far as I

know, I didn't pledge for an early model, so I won't be getting mine until

january. But it's pretty exciting to see the project bearing fruits!

Please tell me your getting the brass unit and not one of the ugly, Americanized black units I saw on their homepage?
Petzvals should be brass.

And the optical difference is?......

--
PeterN
Old December 14th 13, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 14/12/2013 18:17, PeterN wrote:
On 12/13/2013 9:06 PM, RichA wrote:

[]
Please tell me your getting the brass unit and not one of the ugly,
Americanized black units I saw on their homepage?
Petzvals should be brass.

And the optical difference is?......

Some number of dollars, perhaps?
--