For Canon aficionados? Differences Between Canon S410, A80 and SD10 models.

Old June 28th 04, 08:51 PM
Steve Lee

Default For Canon aficionados? Differences Between Canon S410, A80 and SD10 models.

Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
these abbreviations and terms).

Are there any particularly useful or advanced
functions/features/capabilities one specific camera has which the
other two does not?

Taking the usual prices between the three cameras, which represents
the best value? But if you were given a choice of choosing between
the three, which would you choose?

Are there any comparable cameras by other manufacturers I should
seriously look at, compared to the one that you'd choose between the
three and if so, which would they be?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically
looking to get the best camera between the three and then see what's
out there that might be just as good or even better, given the a
similar price. Thanks!!
Old June 28th 04, 09:58 PM
Ian Stirling

In rec.photo.digital Steve Lee wrote:
Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
these abbreviations and terms).

What do you want from a camera?

Do you intend to take pictures of gardens at midday to be shown on mobile
phone displays, or pictures of dimly lit nightclubs with long zooms
that you want to blow up to poster size.

Old June 28th 04, 10:49 PM
Steve Lee

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 20:58:00 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

In rec.photo.digital Steve Lee wrote:
Can someone please kindly explain the main differences in terms of
features, functionalities and capabilities in layman's terms? This
would be my first time ever purchasing a dcam and all these
abbreviations and terminologies are just Greek to me. (I would
appreciate it if someone can point me to a site that explains all
these abbreviations and terms).

What do you want from a camera?

Do you intend to take pictures of gardens at midday to be shown on mobile
phone displays, or pictures of dimly lit nightclubs with long zooms
that you want to blow up to poster size.

Yeah, I should've mentioned what I was going to use the dcam for
primarily. Sorry.

I think I'll be using it about 2/3 of the way towards the latter
scenario. I don't want to blow up anything poster size, but I do
expect nice and crisp pictures that will allow me to take pictures in
various settings and conditions and sometimes might even print the
pics using photopaper and print letterpaper sized photos. Thanks
again.
Old June 29th 04, 12:48 PM
Chicha

Steve Lee wrote in message . ..
Are there any particularly useful or advanced
functions/features/capabilities one specific camera has which the
othe two does not?

There are two such features in A80.

- Swivel LCD screen (high/low level shots, work on tripod, candid shots )
- Custom mode (1 and 2) -- get your creative options set in one second.

Must have for portable camere IMHO.

Nick(Chicha).