[SI] New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

Old July 30th 09, 01:13 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

Default [SI] New Mandate: Interesting (see description)

After polling the NG carefully, and sifting through the thousands of
replies, the mandate chosen for the next round of the Shoot-In is
"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic, not
necessarily you, find interesting. This mandate was chosen by the Shoot-In
advisory board team committee group.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

As usual, please send your photos he

si dot moderator at yahoo dot com

The due date for this round of the Shoot-In is September 5th, 2009.

Old July 30th 09, 02:46 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

After polling the NG carefully, and sifting through the thousands of
replies, the mandate chosen for the next round of the Shoot-In is
"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic, not
necessarily you, find interesting. This mandate was chosen by the Shoot-In
advisory board team committee group.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

As usual, please send your photos he

si dot moderator at yahoo dot com

The due date for this round of the Shoot-In is September 5th, 2009.

We'll get dogs. Annika will submit a photo of his dog finding his
balls interesting enough to lick, and Rita will submit a photo of her
dog finding a butt-hole interesting enough to sniff.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 30th 09, 07:57 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard[_5_]

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

After polling the NG carefully, and sifting through the thousands of
replies, the mandate chosen for the next round of the Shoot-In is
"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic,
not
necessarily you, find interesting. This mandate was chosen by the Shoot-In
advisory board team committee group.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

As usual, please send your photos he

si dot moderator at yahoo dot com

The due date for this round of the Shoot-In is September 5th, 2009.

We'll get dogs. Annika will submit a photo of his dog finding his
balls interesting enough to lick, and Rita will submit a photo of her
dog finding a butt-hole interesting enough to sniff.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Hi. I'm new here, so this works like:
I take a shot of something other than a dog related subject, ensuring no
******** or rectums are visible?
I then send it to the address ?
This image needs to be what size?
Will you promise to take the **** out of everyone just to show lack of
favouritism?

TIA

Richard

Old July 30th 09, 09:12 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:13:19 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:
After polling the NG carefully, and sifting through the thousands
of replies, the mandate chosen for the next round of the Shoot-In
is "Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of
the pic, not necessarily you, find interesting. This mandate was
chosen by the Shoot-In advisory board team committee group.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

As usual, please send your photos he

si dot moderator at yahoo dot com

The due date for this round of the Shoot-In is September 5th, 2009.

This mandate seems particularly unfair to Alan Browne, who has never
managed to take an interesting shot in his whole life.

In order to be more inclusive, wouldn't it be better - even at this
late stage - to change the mandate to "Mind-numbingly Boring", then
Alan can take part as usual.

;-)

Does anyone know which of the participants in Shoot-In this "Bruce"
is?

I realize one need not be an able craftsperson or artist to be a
critic, but I'd like to compare Bruce's work to Alan's. It would
perhaps allow a little insight into the character makeup of a person
who thinks this kind of sniping is worthwhile.

Maybe I've got it all wrong: I suppose the smiley-face signature could
indicate Bruce is kidding. If so, it's not funny; if not, it reflects
an unwillingness to accept the consequences of his pre-adolescent
judgementalism.

--
Frank ess

Old July 30th 09, 09:40 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Richard wrote:
Bowser wrote:

After polling the NG carefully, and sifting through the thousands of
replies, the mandate chosen for the next round of the Shoot-In is
"Interesting." Shoot a picture of something that the viewer of the pic,
not necessarily you, find interesting. This mandate was chosen by the
Shoot-In advisory board team committee group.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting

Hi. I'm new here, so this works like... ?

There's no prize so no favoritism applies.

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 31st 09, 02:33 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/interesting
:
: As usual, please send your photos he
:
: si dot moderator at yahoo dot com
:
: The due date for this round of the Shoot-In is September 5th, 2009.
:
:
: This mandate seems particularly unfair to Alan Browne, who has never
: managed to take an interesting shot in his whole life.
:
: In order to be more inclusive, wouldn't it be better - even at this
: late stage - to change the mandate to "Mind-numbingly Boring", then
: Alan can take part as usual.
:
: ;-)

WTF? You may or may not always (or ever) like Alan's stuff, but some of it is
interesting by any sensible definition. Those deliberately underexposed pix he
took a few months ago, for example. They looked like old Kodachrome slides.
(Remember how we used to make them a bit dark so the projector wouldn't wash
them out?) This group has its traditional enmities, and some of the byplay can
be amusing on occasion. But to gratuitously dump on a guy who plays the game
as it's intended to be played is uncalled for.

I have no dog in this hunt, and I've never met Alan. But there's a level at
which we all have to get along, or it ceases to be fun.

Bob
Old July 31st 09, 11:28 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Frank ess" wrote in message

Bruce wrote:
[...]

No idea, but I bet a picture of Bruce might be interesting to this group.
Maybe another sock puppet for one of our regular trolls?

Old July 31st 09, 11:29 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bowser

"Richard" wrote in message

[...]

I promise to treat your pic the same as anyone else's. And I also promise
that the millions in prize money will be distributed the same as it is every
month. See the rulez page for more info:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Old July 31st 09, 10:51 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 06:29:36 -0400, "Bowser" wrote:

See the rulez page for more info:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Oops. I didn't know that.

I've sent in a submission which doesn't follow your file naming
convention. Should I do it again with a corrected file name?

Eric Stevens