What hapen ?

Old September 7th 05, 01:11 PM
Alf92

Default What hapen ?

What hapen ?
.... with my Minolta X20 :
http://frpn.free.fr/0pb-x20/PICT1471.JPG

where is the problem ?
thanks.

--
Alf92
http://frpn.free.fr

Old September 7th 05, 09:50 PM
Charles Schuler

"Alf92" wrote in message
What hapen ?
... with my Minolta X20 :
http://frpn.free.fr/0pb-x20/PICT1471.JPG

where is the problem ?
thanks.

I assume that you have tried another storage card and have removed, and then
replaced all batteries (don't know if your camera uses one or two) and thus
must assume that your camera is broken. Sorry!

Old September 7th 05, 10:53 PM
The PhAnToM

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Alf92" wrote in message
What hapen ?
... with my Minolta X20 :
http://frpn.free.fr/0pb-x20/PICT1471.JPG

where is the problem ?
thanks.

I assume that you have tried another storage card and have removed, and then
replaced all batteries (don't know if your camera uses one or two) and thus
must assume that your camera is broken. Sorry!

Looks like a bad CCD, either the chip array itself or the way it's
being read out. Take a dark image (with the lens cap on, or some other
sufficient covering so the light doesn't get in) and then adjust gamma
or contrast (with PhotoEditor or whatever applicable software) to bring
out the noise and see if you get the same pattern.

Old September 8th 05, 11:23 PM
Alf92

The PhAnToM a dit ça :

Charles Schuler wrote:
"Alf92" wrote in message
What hapen ?
... with my Minolta X20 :
http://frpn.free.fr/0pb-x20/PICT1471.JPG

where is the problem ?
thanks.

I assume that you have tried another storage card and have removed,
and then replaced all batteries (don't know if your camera uses one
or two) and thus must assume that your camera is broken. Sorry!

Looks like a bad CCD, either the chip array itself or the way it's
being read out. Take a dark image (with the lens cap on, or some other
sufficient covering so the light doesn't get in) and then adjust gamma
or contrast (with PhotoEditor or whatever applicable software) to
bring out the noise and see if you get the same pattern.

There is no problem when I use the video mode.
the problem is only in photo mode.
then I don't think it is a CCD problem...
another idea ?
Alf92

Old September 9th 05, 08:03 AM
David J Taylor

Alf92 wrote:
[]
There is no problem when I use the video mode.
the problem is only in photo mode.
then I don't think it is a CCD problem...
another idea ?

Video mode may not use all the pixels in the array.

Try restting all the camera settings - is there a menu function for this?
Can you leave the batteries out for 48 hours? Reflash the camera's
firmware.

David