__ (Brand New) Canon Digital Rebel w/18-55mm lens for sale __

Old November 5th 03, 05:01 PM
David Weaver

Default __ (Brand New) Canon Digital Rebel w/18-55mm lens for sale __

I have a brand new, *unopened* Canon Digital Rebel kit for sale.

Probably everyone on this newsgroup knows all about the Digital
Rebel by now, but just in case:
This is a USA model, 6.3-megapixel resolution, full digital
SLR -- the first digital SLR under $1K (and it offers higher
resolution that most digital SLRs over $1K). The Digital
Rebel (known as the EOS 300D outside the U.S.) accepts the
full series of Canon EF lenses (plus the new EF-S lens(es)).
It was just introduced last month and is in very high demand
(I had trouble getting one, but once it arrived, now I need
to sell it and will stick with my Powershot G2 for a while).

This also includes the new 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 EF-S zoom lens.
(if you see a Rebel sold for $899, it is _without_ this lens)

The Digital Rebel is featured on the November cover of Popular
Photography and the December cover of Peterson's Photographic
magazine.

For detailed info on this camera, reference:
Canon product manual:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...l/ref=mt_mo_vi
ew_11877/103-5767277-1331822?path=http://media-server.amazon.com/media/mole/MAN
UAL000016496.pdf&append-uid=no

Independent, very detailed review by DP Review:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...noneos300d.asp

The Digital Rebel sells for $999 at all reputable dealers; practically
no one is discounting it yet because of the high demand. Examples:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...l/-/B0000C8VEK

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?o...6&sku=IC ADRK

http://www.ssdonline.com/detail_page...A001&affid=C45

The box includes:
EOS Digital Rebel Body
Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 EF-S Lens
Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
Adobe Photoshop Elements
Video Cable VC-100
Interface Cable IFC-300PCU
Wide Strap EW-10DB II
Battery Charger CB-5L
Battery Pack BP-511

Asking: flat $950 (no tax, free S&H in continental U.S.;
immediate availability)

Payment method: PayPal preferred;
check/money order OK (shipment after $ clear)

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...tplaceSeller=1
eBay: look up my feedback as member "gw1005"

Contact:
David Weaver
[email]
[ofc ] (408)616-5529