ixus i

Old February 19th 05, 11:01 PM
sheshnjak

Default ixus i

About to buy a Canon ixus i compact camera. Experience anyone? Please
comment it...
Old February 20th 05, 05:46 PM
Douglas W. Hoyt

About to buy a Canon ixus i compact camera. Experience anyone? Please
comment it...

It's the greatest. I have the SD-10, which is the same as the Ixus i. You
probably already know that it doesn't have a viewfinder, which I do not miss
at all, and it does not have an optical zoom, which I don't use either.

It is fast and very responsive, the controls are wasy, the colors are
fantastic. The sharpness is good --but since it is SO small, you really
have to hold it extremely carefully and firmly--I get around this by almost
always taking multiple bursts of shots at a time--and one or two are almost
always better than the first one, which is most susceptible to camera shake.
The lens, as with most point and shoots, is susceptible to glare, and
virtually all my shots benefit from levels or contrast adjustment, so I run
them all through an automated program that gives them more dynamic range.
The videos are regular low digicam quality, but the sound and image are
decent given the limitations of the medium, and it's a great option to have
for capturing impressions. Battery life is very good. SD cards are very
handy.

But it is simply the most convenient thing to have around that you will ever
have. I've owned a somewhat larger Canon (similar to the Ixus IIs) as well
as a Nikon--and (small as they were) each time I hold either of them it
feels like a brick by comparison.

Old February 21st 05, 01:39 AM
Stewy

In article , sheshnjak
wrote:

About to buy a Canon ixus i compact camera. Experience anyone? Please
comment it...

Good camera, looks cool, takes good pictures, small enough to fit in
your pocket, what more can I say?