Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

Old July 4th 20, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
David_B[_4_]

Default Morro Bay - Drone Revisit

On 04/07/2020 15:45, nospam wrote:
In article , David_B
wrote:

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?

that depends if it's one of your links or someone else's.

Why are my links any different to those of anyone else?

The user is definitely the 'weak link' in the security and safety of any
computer system which is why social engineering scams are so popular and
successful.

And it isn't always necessary to 'click on a link', bits of script or
code embedded into an html email can be activated simply by viewing it
in a preview panel or window. Not my field of expertise but I do know
that it is possible and even a simple embedded graphic such as a logo or
a single pixel .gif in an html email can be used to discover the
reader's ip address thereby revealing the person's network location and
an attacker or hacker then has a start point for various misdeeds,
attacks or exploits such as a denial of service attack, or a brute force
attack on the router login for example.

If the person's operating system or the software/firmware on their
router is not patched and up to date there may be many exploits
available to an attacker not to mention the possibility of making a
direct connection for uploading and installing malicious code directly.

=

Do you agree?

Old July 4th 20, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.comp.sys.mac
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 4, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , David_B
wrote:

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?

that depends if it's one of your links or someone else's.

So BD has hijacked a thread, and added a cross post where it does not belong to go OT again!

It seems he just cannot control himself.

Savageduck

Old July 4th 20, 04:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
nospam

In article , David_B
wrote:

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?

that depends if it's one of your links or someone else's.

Why are my links any different to those of anyone else?

because yours have a history of being spam and/or containing malware.
Old July 4th 20, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Brutus

"Savageduck" wrote in message
news.com...
On Jul 3, 2020, Alan Browne wrote
(in article ):

On 2020-07-01 22:04, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 1, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

I drove down to Morro Bay today, it was a lot less overcast that for my last trip, so here
here are some of the results of today’s flight around the bay.

First two 180º panoramas, which will be followed later, once it is rendered, by some video
shot at 4K 60fps with a Freewell ND16+CPL filter @ ISO100 & 1/120 SS.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-PnG64Fx/0/c5554fc7/5K/DJI_0006b-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-5bJ8RsZ/0/0291682b/5K/DJI_0008-5K.jpg

Video to follow:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100,
SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Nice. Tip: edit these down to about 4-6 minutes (tops).

Now that makes sense!

Those files get to be quite fat for upload purposes, and then there is the viewer boredom factor
to consider. ;-)

Savageduck

Another question: what speed is the drone flying at? also what is it's max speed in dead air?

And does the speed influence the image quality...

Many thanks for your photographic adventures...

Old July 4th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
David_B[_4_]

On 04/07/2020 16:46, nospam, sadly, *LIED* again.

In article , David_B
wrote:

To what harm can a Mac come, just by clicking on a link?

that depends if it's one of your links or someone else's.

Why are my links any different to those of anyone else?

because yours have a history of being spam and/or containing malware.

You're lying again. :-(

Why?

Cite one single example of what you claim.

Old July 4th 20, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 4, 2020, Brutus wrote
(in ):

On 2020-07-01 22:04, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

For that flight in “Normal Mode” the speed was 23-27 mph (37-43 kph). With a few stops to hover and capture a panorama.

also what is it's max speed in dead air?

From the specs: in “Sport Mode” the max speed is 19m/sec or 42.5 mph, in “Normal Mode” 12m/sec or 26.8 mph, and in “Tripod Mode” 5m/sec, or 11.1 mph.

And does the speed influence the image quality...

It can. However, there are other camera settings which play a bigger part. Consider settings of frame rate, and shutter speed. Then there is the engineering, and software that controls the drone itself to deliver the incredible stability to the camera gimbal.

Many thanks for your photographic adventures...

I try to deliver and share from time to time.

....but this drone, and video stuff is all new to me after a lifetime of stills photography.

Savageduck

Old July 4th 20, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
croy[_2_]

On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:04:22 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Beautiful, and thanks for downloading! What altitude (above the waves)?

--
croy
Old July 4th 20, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 4, 2020, croy wrote
(in ):

On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:04:22 -0700, wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Beautiful, and thanks for downloading!

I am glad that you enjoyed it.

What altitude (above the waves)?

At the start I rose to about 80 ft until I reached the moored sailboats where I went up to 140 ft. For most of the reverse track, and into the harbor channel I was at 120-130 ft.

Savageduck

Old July 4th 20, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

On 04/07/2020 19:08, croy wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:04:22 -0700, Savageduck wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Beautiful, and thanks for *downloading*! What altitude (above the waves)?

I very much enjoyed it too. :-D

Surely, though, Savageduck UPLOADED the clip so that we could enjoy it?

Old July 5th 20, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 7/2/20 12:56 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 2, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , John McWilliams
wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ that a network error is generated?"

I have difficulty viewing with firefox, but no issue with chromium.
There is lot of buffering, but here in the rural midwest (SW Indiana),
internet speed is not so great, nor is that likely to change soon.

Speedtest shows 4.3M down, 0.9M up right now. I usually get faster
speeds, but the telco gear seems to be affected by the heat- it has
happened before. My DSL link show 7M down, 1.2M up, about normal here.

(Just three more weeks, and I'll be living in the civilized world in
central Pennsylvania!)

--
Ken Hart