(update) If all were just illusions ?

Old January 20th 06, 07:56 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Default (update) If all were just illusions ?

Hello,

I would like to show you the picture of the week

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Rocha - Photographie
http:/:www.monochromatique.com

Old January 20th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

First decent picture I've seen from this guy. I wonder if it wouldn't
have been better without the guy on the stairs.

Daniel Rocha wrote:
I would like to show you the picture of the week
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Let me guess: the guy in the photo is you and you used the self timer
and a newfangled device called a tripod...

Old January 20th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

I think ya used some kind of a camera.

Old January 20th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

"Daniel Rocha" wrote in message

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Umm, a camera?? Dah!

Old January 21st 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Daniel Rocha wrote:

I would like to show you the picture of the week
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Let me guess: the guy in the photo is you and you used the self timer
and a newfangled device called a tripod...

I think he IS the guy on the stairs. Self portrait using a remote trigger.
Old January 21st 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Daniel Rocha wrote:

I would like to show you the picture of the week
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Let me guess: the guy in the photo is you and you used the self timer
and a newfangled device called a tripod...

I think he IS the guy on the stairs. Self portrait using a remote trigger.

Is that possible? You'd have to like an expert or something to do that.

Old January 22nd 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

"Jasen" wrote in message

"Daniel Rocha" wrote in message

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Umm, a camera?? Dah!

Did he take the picture or have someone else do it for him?

Old January 22nd 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

BernieM wrote:

Daniel Rocha wrote:

I would like to show you the picture of the week
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Let me guess: the guy in the photo is you and you used the self timer
and a newfangled device called a tripod...

I think he IS the guy on the stairs. Self portrait using a remote trigger.

Is that possible? You'd have to like an expert or something to do that.

Nah. It's even easier to do with a self timer in fact.

Set the camera on a tripod, pre-focus, trip the shutter release and run
up the stairs in time to lean on the railing by the time the self timer
expires.

Just at a guess, it's less than 30 feet from lens to subject, and he
looks fit enough to cover the distance in the time available.

The alternative way to do it is set it up, wait there and ask someone
passing by to push the button. In this case he could have gotten a
girlfriend or a security guard to do the deed if he didn't have the
remote or self timer.

The composition itself; the arrangement of elements argues a certain
level of skill.
Old January 22nd 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

Daniel Rocha a écrit :
Hello,

I would like to show you the picture of the week

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Can you tell me how I have made these pictures ?! )

Regards,
Daniel

Night shot
long exposure
some people staying some time at each place ad moving a little

Regards (Salut Daniel)

---
Thierry
http://www.pbase.com/thierry_nk/portfolio
Old January 27th 06, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.nature

no_name wrote:
I think he IS the guy on the stairs. Self portrait using a remote
trigger.

He's not !

Done in a museum I can't use a tripod ! He's just a guy waiting
on the stairs.

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com