New Nikon?s ?NIKKOR & ACC? app released

Old August 27th 15, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default New Nikon?s ?NIKKOR & ACC? app released

On 2015-08-22 10:53, PeterN wrote:

EOD Asshole. Wallow in your mother's basement.

You stepped in it Peter by saying "I tend not to pay too much attention
to rumors." and now you look like an incredible bitter ass.

In my experience I have seen that rumors in general tend not to be true.

Now you're deflecting as you did with nospam.

He referred to a site called Nikon Rumors which is not a site that is
about rumors but about Nikon Camera news. Yes, the name misled you, but
that was pointed out to you and then you dug your heels in and went on
another tedious nospam attack.

Possibly things have changed. The last time I looked at Nikon Rumors, it
was a rumor mill.

BS. It has always been a Nikon news site with a catchy name to attract
fans and the curious. Speculation? Sure. But not "rumours" as you're
implying.

Old August 27th 15, 03:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2015-08-22 10:53, PeterN wrote:

EOD Asshole. Wallow in your mother's basement.

You stepped in it Peter by saying "I tend not to pay too much attention
to rumors." and now you look like an incredible bitter ass.

In my experience I have seen that rumors in general tend not to be true.

Now you're deflecting as you did with nospam.

He referred to a site called Nikon Rumors which is not a site that is
about rumors but about Nikon Camera news. Yes, the name misled you, but
that was pointed out to you and then you dug your heels in and went on
another tedious nospam attack.

Possibly things have changed. The last time I looked at Nikon Rumors, it
was a rumor mill.

BS. It has always been a Nikon news site with a catchy name to attract
fans and the curious. Speculation? Sure. But not "rumours" as you're
implying.

Have a look at http://nikonrumors.com/

Nikkon Rumours
Where there is smoke there's fire
... ... ... Leica Rumours Photo Rumours Send Tips

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

Eric Stevens
Old August 27th 15, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-22 10:53, PeterN wrote:

[...]

....and all the "rumor" sites appear to use US spelling for their URLs.
nikonrumors.com
fujirumors.com
leicarumors.com
photorumors.com
43rumors.com
mirrorlessrumors.com
sontalpharumors.com
canonrumors.com

Savageduck

Old August 27th 15, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Possibly things have changed. The last time I looked at Nikon Rumors, it
was a rumor mill.

BS. It has always been a Nikon news site with a catchy name to attract
fans and the curious. Speculation? Sure. But not "rumours" as you're
implying.

Have a look at http://nikonrumors.com/

Nikkon Rumours
Where there is smoke there's fire
... ... ... Leica Rumours Photo Rumours Send Tips

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

no, 'rumors' is part of the site name. it does not define what the site
is about.

the stories on the main page as of right now include:

Now in stock: Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX lens for Nikon F mount
The Commlite Nikon F to Sony E adapter will come with autofocus and
stabilization support
Now in stock: Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount
New Nikkor 13mm f/1.8 lens patent for Nikon 1 mirrorless camera
The Nikon USA lens only rebates and UK summer cashback are set to
expire this week
Weekly Nikon news flash #329
Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount to start shipping
tomorrow in the US (in stock now in Europe)

none of those are rumours.

sometimes they do report rumours, however, they're well sourced.
Old August 28th 15, 12:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:38:24 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Possibly things have changed. The last time I looked at Nikon Rumors, it
was a rumor mill.

BS. It has always been a Nikon news site with a catchy name to attract
fans and the curious. Speculation? Sure. But not "rumours" as you're
implying.

Have a look at http://nikonrumors.com/

Nikon Rumours
Where there is smoke there's fire
... ... ... Leica Rumours Photo Rumours Send Tips

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

no, 'rumors' is part of the site name. it does not define what the site
is about.

.... and, no matter how you try to ignore it, it's part of the site
description.

the stories on the main page as of right now include:

Now in stock: Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX lens for Nikon F mount
The Commlite Nikon F to Sony E adapter will come with autofocus and
stabilization support
Now in stock: Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount
New Nikkor 13mm f/1.8 lens patent for Nikon 1 mirrorless camera
The Nikon USA lens only rebates and UK summer cashback are set to
expire this week
Weekly Nikon news flash #329
Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount to start shipping
tomorrow in the US (in stock now in Europe)

none of those are rumours.

Of course not. Because you have carefully selected them. But then
there is:

"A quick recap of the latest rumors/what to expect from Leica in the
next few months (the first announcement is expected in the next
30-60 days):

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: http://leicarumors.com/#ixzz3k3mXoTY7

Old August 28th 15, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Possibly things have changed. The last time I looked at Nikon Rumors, it
was a rumor mill.

BS. It has always been a Nikon news site with a catchy name to attract
fans and the curious. Speculation? Sure. But not "rumours" as you're
implying.

Have a look at http://nikonrumors.com/

Nikon Rumours
Where there is smoke there's fire
... ... ... Leica Rumours Photo Rumours Send Tips

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

no, 'rumors' is part of the site name. it does not define what the site
is about.

... and, no matter how you try to ignore it, it's part of the site
description.

it's part of the site *name*.

the stories on the main page as of right now include:

Now in stock: Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX lens for Nikon F mount
The Commlite Nikon F to Sony E adapter will come with autofocus and
stabilization support
Now in stock: Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount
New Nikkor 13mm f/1.8 lens patent for Nikon 1 mirrorless camera
The Nikon USA lens only rebates and UK summer cashback are set to
expire this week
Weekly Nikon news flash #329
Sigma 24-35mm f/2 DG HSM Art lens for Nikon F mount to start shipping
tomorrow in the US (in stock now in Europe)

none of those are rumours.

Of course not. Because you have carefully selected them.

learn to read. i did absolutely no selection whatsoever. those were the
stories on the main page yesterday.

i also said they might include rumours, but they are well sourced and
they say it's a rumour which means that those who don't want to read
them can simply not click the link.
Old August 28th 15, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-22 10:53, PeterN wrote:

[...]

I didn't think you an innocent. Most companies make sure the "rumour"
mill (industry new sources) are well filled with "rumours". This
generates fan enthusiasm, competitor envy (and mistakes) and most
importantly keeps people from spending on other brands until the widget
actually appears.

Some co's are more cagey (Apple). But even they play the game.

The "Send Tips" page is really: got rumours, suggestions, news?
Old August 28th 15, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-27 19:17, Eric Stevens wrote:

Of course not. Because you have carefully selected them. But then
there is:

"A quick recap of the latest rumors/what to expect from Leica in the
next few months (the first announcement is expected in the next
30-60 days):

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: http://leicarumors.com/#ixzz3k3mXoTY7

As primed by the PR weenie at whateverco.

Old August 28th 15, 05:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:25:09 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-08-27 19:17, Eric Stevens wrote:

Of course not. Because you have carefully selected them. But then
there is:

"A quick recap of the latest rumors/what to expect from Leica in the
next few months (the first announcement is expected in the next
30-60 days):

Read more on LeicaRumors.com: http://leicarumors.com/#ixzz3k3mXoTY7

As primed by the PR weenie at whateverco.

Yep. That's where more than half the rumours come from.

Eric Stevens
Old August 28th 15, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

rOn Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:24:11 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2015-08-22 10:53, PeterN wrote:

[...]

That's not the point at issue. The question is whether or not 'Nikon
Rumours' deals in rumours. PeterN thought that they did. I cited their
home page and some content to say that *some* of their stuff is
clearly labeled rumour. nospam is arguing that their use of the word
'rumour' does not mean that they deal with rumours.

Some co's are more cagey (Apple). But even they play the game.

The "Send Tips" page is really: got rumours, suggestions, news?

Don't tell nospam. He will have to burn his eyes out if he reads it.

Eric Stevens