camera recommendation?

Old March 21st 11, 02:40 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
N[_9_]

Default camera recommendation?

On 21/03/2011, Neil Harrington wrote:

He's not the one who's asking for a camera recommendation.

True, my recommendation is a new phone. The poor OP will soon tire of
carrying a camera, just in case someone is "prowling near his car".
Geez, like you'd have the time and presence of mind to drag out a
camera, NOT.

Old March 21st 11, 07:09 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

Neil Harrington wrote:
"Bill Graham" wrote in message
N wrote:
On 19/03/2011, tony cooper wrote:
On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:48:33 +1100, N wrote:

On 19/03/2011, tony cooper wrote:

Another thought, though, is a disposable film camera. You can
pick one up for around $10. If your intent is to have one for
emergency use only, a disposable film camera would document an
accident or vandalism. I keep on in my car and one in my wife's
car.

How would that fit in a shirt pocket?

You don't make sense. You asked for a camera for emergency use
only and mentioned your automobile. Why would you carry a camera
in your shirt pocket all the time if it is only for emergencies? Keep
it in the glove box.

_I_ didn't ask for anything. Do you never leave your car for more a
few minutes? Do you go everywhere by car? Do you always know when
an emergency is going to happen? Please lend me your crystal ball.

There are literally hundreds of different cheap digital cameras made
by Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Kodac, Fuji and many others in the 5 to 14
megapixel range selling for under $100 that will fit in your shirt
pocket. Go to an electronics store, or a Walmart or any drug store
and you will see over a dozen of them. They all work fine, and will
do what you want them to do.

He's not the one who's asking for a camera recommendation.

Who'se, "He". Obviously, I was speaking to the original poster, who was
asking for a camera recommendation. It is impossible, with Outlook Express,
to know to whome I speak all the time I do speak. I wish that were not the
case, but unfortunately, it is.

Old March 21st 11, 07:14 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

N wrote:
On 21/03/2011, Neil Harrington wrote:

He's not the one who's asking for a camera recommendation.

True, my recommendation is a new phone. The poor OP will soon tire of
carrying a camera, just in case someone is "prowling near his car".
Geez, like you'd have the time and presence of mind to drag out a
camera, NOT.

I have a friend who has a fine DSLR, and a good set of lenses, but he
carries a small point & shoot digital in his shirt pocket, and uses it all
the time. His web pages are covered with photos of all his friends and the
bands they play in, and almost all of the photos were taken with his little
P & S. So, there is a lot to be said for carrying something in ones shirt
pocket all the time. For one thing, whenever I leave my car, I have to put
my camers in the trunk to keep it from being stolen. This alone, makes it a
PIA to carry with me all the time.

Old March 21st 11, 08:47 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
N[_9_]

On 21/03/2011, Bill Graham wrote:
N wrote:
[...]

I carry a Nikon P7000 in my backpack all the time and only take my D300
when I'm intending to take photos. I don't take photos of people
unless they ask me.

Old March 21st 11, 08:49 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
N[_9_]

N wrote:
[...]

You're quite wrong with regard to OE. It's always possible if you have
it configured correctly and even in its default configuration it's
possible to know who the OP is. I'm not the OP.

Old March 22nd 11, 02:48 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography
Bill Graham

N wrote:
[...]

Generally, I agree, but my friend is in a few bands, and he takes pictures
of his fellow band members while they are playing gigs, and then posts them
on the band sites together with their names and what instruments they play.
In general, musicians are exhibitionists, and they never object....:^)