Phase One Software. Am I Missing Something?

Old April 24th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ali

Default Phase One Software. Am I Missing Something?

Am I missing something with Phase One software?

I like to keep my software to the minimum, but Phase One seems to be
popular. I suppose Lightroom is also popular, but I am not sure what they
can do that PS can't?

Old April 24th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lawrence_Glickman

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:06:24 +0100, "Ali" wrote:

Am I missing something with Phase One software?

I like to keep my software to the minimum, but Phase One seems to be
popular. I suppose Lightroom is also popular, but I am not sure what they
can do that PS can't?

http://www.360precision.com/360/vr/d...n=d200-cover-1

unbelievable, but see for yourself.

Lg

Old April 26th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lawrence_Glickman

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:58:42 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:56:06 -0500, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lawrence_Glickman wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:06:24 +0100, "Ali" wrote:

Am I missing something with Phase One software?

I like to keep my software to the minimum, but Phase One seems to be
popular. I suppose Lightroom is also popular, but I am not sure what they
can do that PS can't?

http://www.360precision.com/360/vr/d...n=d200-cover-1

But, WTF does it have to do with Capture One?

How much are you paying me to do your research? I don't recall
offhand, but was it something in the $50/hour range?

Old April 26th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lawrence_Glickman

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:28:27 -0400, wrote:

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:06:24 +0100, "Ali" wrote:

Am I missing something with Phase One software?

I like to keep my software to the minimum, but Phase One seems to be
popular. I suppose Lightroom is also popular, but I am not sure what they
can do that PS can't?

http://www.360precision.com/360/vr/d...n=d200-cover-1

But, WTF does it have to do with Capture One?

How much are you paying me to do your research? I don't recall
offhand, but was it something in the $50/hour range?

Absolutely nothing. Which is what this has to do with Capture One.

You have a computer? You have internet access? You have fingers? Go
fish.

Lg

Old April 26th 08, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:06:24 +0100, "Ali" wrote:

Am I missing something with Phase One software?

I like to keep my software to the minimum, but Phase One seems to be
popular. I suppose Lightroom is also popular, but I am not sure what
they
can do that PS can't?

http://www.360precision.com/360/vr/d...n=d200-cover-1

But, WTF does it have to do with Capture One?

How much are you paying me to do your research? I don't recall
offhand, but was it something in the $50/hour range?

Absolutely nothing. Which is what this has to do with Capture One.

You have a computer? You have internet access? You have fingers? Go
fish.

Lg

C'mon Lawrence,
You can do better than that...
You seem to have a tendency to repeat yourself (exactly the same comment as
in "sensor noise..."
If that's all you have to contribute, you might as well save your fingers
;-((((
Marcel

Old April 26th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Lawrence_Glickman

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:52:02 -0400, "Celcius"
wrote:

.. .

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:

[...]

Marcel, "Capture One" IIRC was _never_ mentioned in the Original Post.
I'm not going to go back to look, as I've just had a medical emergency
here wherein my wife broke her arm within the last 30 minutes.

That's the first POINT.

The second point is, "Phase One Software" is so easy to get to on the
web through google, that it is disingenuous to come on ANY newsgroup
and ask somebody for a reference to it.

From the Phase One Sight, Capture One is a selection. Here, I'll show
you:
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Soft...tOverview.aspx

That took about 15 seconds in all.

Now, what kind of information are we *members* supposed to supply to
the OP that he/she cannot get at this URL?

I'm not in the business of changing diapers for assholes on this n/g,
so if you **** your pants, YOU CLEAN IT UP, got it?

Have a nice ****ing day.

Lg

Old April 26th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

wrote:

. ..

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:

[...]

From the Phase One Sight, Capture One is a selection. Here, I'll show
you:
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Soft...tOverview.aspx

That took about 15 seconds in all.

Now, what kind of information are we *members* supposed to supply to
the OP that he/she cannot get at this URL?

I'm not in the business of changing diapers for assholes on this n/g,
so if you **** your pants, YOU CLEAN IT UP, got it?

Have a nice ****ing day.

Lg

You too LG
You sound like a sweet person...
Marcel

Old April 26th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:32:58 -0400, "Celcius" wrote:
:
: "Lawrence_Glickman" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:52:02 -0400, "Celcius"
: wrote:
:
:
: . ..
:
:
: Lawrence_Glickman wrote:
:
[...]
: ;-((((
: Marcel
:
: Marcel, "Capture One" IIRC was _never_ mentioned in the Original Post.
: I'm not going to go back to look, as I've just had a medical emergency
: here wherein my wife broke her arm within the last 30 minutes.
:
: That's the first POINT.
:
: The second point is, "Phase One Software" is so easy to get to on the
: web through google, that it is disingenuous to come on ANY newsgroup
: and ask somebody for a reference to it.
:
: From the Phase One Sight, Capture One is a selection. Here, I'll show
: you:
: http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Soft...tOverview.aspx
:
: That took about 15 seconds in all.
:
: Now, what kind of information are we *members* supposed to supply to
: the OP that he/she cannot get at this URL?
:
: I'm not in the business of changing diapers for assholes on this n/g,
: so if you **** your pants, YOU CLEAN IT UP, got it?
:
: Have a nice ****ing day.
:
: Lg
:
: You too LG
: You sound like a sweet person...
: Marcel

Imagine the mood he'll be in if his diagnosis of his wife's injury was correct
and he has to drive her to work, shopping, etc. for the next six weeks.

Bob
Old April 26th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

wrote:
:
: "Lawrence_Glickman" wrote in message
: ...
: On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:52:02 -0400, "Celcius"
: wrote:
:
:
:
:
: Lawrence_Glickman wrote:
:
[...]

I suppose you're right... perhaps I was a little harsh on the man,
considering his wife had broken her arm half an hour before and he had to
take the time to explain to me why he isn't in the business to change
diapers... I bet his wife broke her arm trying to belt him one ;-)))
Take care,
Marcel

Old April 28th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
jon

Lawrence_Glickman wrote:
?
Marcel, "Capture One" IIRC was _never_ mentioned in the Original Post.
I'm not going to go back to look, as I've just had a medical emergency
here wherein my wife broke her arm within the last 30 minutes.

Nice to see you have your priorities straight. Prick.