1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

Old June 11th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
mmnospam

Default 1770 The date Australia lost it's independence

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
. ..
Eric Hocking wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

.
Oh what a BIGOT you are Eric. Forget the "real" Australian's did you?
Let's see now... Terra Australis

What an illiterate you are Doug.

Did you miss the part of my post that said, "some other people had
already populated New Holland way before us whiteys got there"?

Well, if illiteracy is brought to mind, I get to bring the dreaded extra
apostrophe, as in the Subject line. "It's" is a contraction for it is.
Never a possessive. Both Doug and Annika misuse it.

The original post included the plural "American's".
And did I just see "Australian's" towards the top of this post?
Yes I did.
Forget rabbits, cane toads and lantana. We're being invaded by
apo'strophe's.

Old June 11th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Doug Jewell

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
You sure, damn, I thought it was an independant Commonwealth Nation

Please don't be so naive. The Queen of where is your head of state?

uhm... considering the official title of our head of state is "Elizabeth the
Second, by the Grace of God, Queen of Australia and Her other Realms and
Territories, Head of the Commonwealth", then I'd say the answer to your
question is that the queen of AUSTRALIA is our head of state.
Because she has other duties, as queen of the united kingdom of great
britain and ireland, as queen of the dominion of canada, and queen of the
dominion of new zealand, she is rarely in the country. Under our
constitution, when the queen is not in the country, her duties rest on the
head of the governer general.

"Pete D" wrote in message

Modern Australia is best described principally, as an Anglo-Irish
colony.

You sure, damn, I thought it was an independant Commonwealth Nation, but
there you go, what would I know?

Old June 12th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

William Graham wrote:

Who cares? - Unless I can burn it in my Hummer......:^)

Give it time, it may become cost effective.
Unless you die first you inconsiderate ******* {:-).
Old June 12th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
Then it was POPULATED by the Brits.

Modern Australia is best described principally, as an Anglo-Irish colony.

Lol, you have no idea of how this was rarely the case.

You are aware that chinese genes have been here before and continually
since white arrival?

Those sailing ships that can here were crewed by a very motley crew of
men from many nations throughout the world.

The anglos get a mention becasue they sent convicts and their poor.
These included people whose ancestry was from other nations that the
british had invaded.

The irish get a mention because of common knowledge aout their diaspora
and specific ophan women ships.

In reality Scotland sent nearly as many as England and more than Ireland.

There were significant numbers from many european countries.

Post WWII, Australia gain enourmous numbers from Europe, particularly
Eastern Europe.

Now we are gaining a lot from Asia again, but I doubt if it matches the
numbers that arrived during the goldrushes.
Old June 12th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Terryc

Joseph Kewfi wrote:
You sure, damn, I thought it was an independant Commonwealth Nation

Please don't be so naive. The Queen of where is your head of state?

Ohh, this is just a legacy situation.
We, the people, are in the process of changing it. The delay is making
it clear to the present crowd of publi-tit-bloood-sucker-pollies that
"WE" are going to choose a replacement and that there is no way we are
goign to entrust them to appoint someone.
Old June 12th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Noons

On Jun 11, 7:49 am, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
Pete D wrote:
Hey, that could still happen ... as long as that chimp is in charge.
You guys have any oil and ****? If so, we'll be happy to come in and
kill a few thousand of you to free you from your oppressive regime.

We will be ok I am sure, keep your chimp at home please.

http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2007/bush_and_me.htm

that shot is offensive to chimps!

Old June 12th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 11, 5:14 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jun 10, 9:18 pm, "Doug Jewell" wrote:
"Ryadia" wrote in ...
Australia was "discovered" by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770 when he
came
ashore at the place called 1770. Australia lost it's independence that
day
as he claimed the place for the British.

Attention to detail d-mac - cook first landed at botany bay, not at 1770.

http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

I imagine sailing down the east coast of Australia, he'd have to pass
this spot on his way to Sydney. Yes? No?
http://www.ryadia.com/PFF/June/cooks-landing.htm

He went north, first landing at botany bay, then went up to where 1770 now
is, and later spent a lot of time at endeavour river - near present day
Cooktown (hence the name) - after being shipwrecked on the barrier reef.
By the way - I very much did like the photo of the boat at 1770 that started
this thread. I'm sure the critics could probably find something wrong with
it, but I reckon it looks ok. :-)

For some inexplicable reason a lot of my posts have generated anger,
hate, confusion, bigotry, racial hatred and very little photographic
discussion.
I'm not sure where it starts. Certainly not intentionally with me but
they build momentum until the threads become the focus of the group. I
wonder why that is?

The most alarming part of this one is so many variations on the
History of Cook and all by people claiming to be born Australians. God
save the queen and us if any of them (including the well meaning lady
who misguided me) ever get any power in the country!

Old June 12th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Pete D wrote:

OMG, OMG, OMG, you tell 'em John. You, you spelling monitor you.

All righty: should be a comma after "'em", one after "monitor", and a
semi-colon after the last "OMG".

I'm more like a grammar-monitor, though, and don't pick out folks
indiscriminately.

--
lsmft

I was assuming that one assumed the other.

Old June 12th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D[_2_]

ups.com...
"Ryadia" wrote in message

[...]

Cos you call people "******s" and the like I guess and because previous
posts have been pretty abusive as well, the past in this case is biting you
on the bum!.

Old June 12th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Ryadia

On Jun 12, 1:23 am, John McWilliams wrote:
Joan wrote:
Can you only think of one item? How about Korea, Vietnam,
Afghanistan?

The problem appears to be a lack of understanding of the people in
those countries. The arrogance is a belief that they want democracy;
that they want to live like you do in the U.S.

Arrogance is top posting, esp. using a sig delimiter.

--
lsmft

I've read your patriot bull**** for years William. People like you are
the real problem, not the rest of the world. Americans are the enemy
of world peace. If you just left people alone and attended to your own
business, there's be no wars.
With the wealth America has, why couldn't you just buy the bloody oil?
Not good enough, you had to steal it and murder a few million people
in the deal so it looked like you were the saviors. Mate, Baghdad was
a lovely and mostly peaceful city before you *******s invaded it. Now
look at what you've done. Make you proud to see the poverty and
homelessness you caused? The Kurds were mongrels. Saddam controlled
them your way. Killed the *******s down until they lived in peace for
fear of retaliation if they didn't. America's contribution? Starve
Iraq. Don't let them sell oil (save it for you lot I guess) and for
sure don't let them have any computers to educate their children or
any medicine to immunize them against "western disease". Nice bunch of
swine, eh? Who are you again? AMERICA LAND OF THE FREE with prisons so
overcrowded you can't control your own people. You got no chance of
controlling Iraq. They'll fight to the last man and you're silly
enough to think you are doing them a favor. Only a true bigot could
ever think like that.

Tell us about DuPont and the way the exploited a poor nation with
false promises of wealth and then set up a chemical plant outlawed in
the US and poisoned the population when it went stale.
Tell us about the war America lost in Vietnam. Bombed the country
sensless, poisoned the place with napalm bombs and then pulled out and
left a whole nation to fend for themselves. Why? Do you feel proud
about that William?
What happened in Cambodia? Where were the great saviors of the world
when the population was nearly wiped out by a government America
"approved" of? What happened there? Not enough resources to interest
your nation in a cheap war? **** man, you could have invaded Cambodia
(and won) for a fraction of the cost of the endless war you started
with a lie. Proud of that William? You lot lied and conned other
nations into believing your bull**** for a few million barrels of
cheap oil.

Get it clear William. NOT EVERYONE LOVES AMERICA. Get the hell out a
photographic news group with your patriotic bull**** about wars no one
needed you to start or get involved in. Who's to say Germany as the
prominent power would be worse than what you lot have forced on us?