Unwanted device connection

Old January 19th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
BillGill

Default Unwanted device connection

For some time now I have been having a problem when I
load my Photoshop Elements 2. Every time I load it I
get an error message saying that it failed to connect to
one of my installed devices, do I want to try again. I
have looked everywhere I can and can't find anything to
turn it off.

I don't want it to try to connect to any of my devices.
I prefer to download all pictures to my hard drive, then
work from there.

Does any body here know any way to make it stop?

Thanks,
Bill Gill
Old January 19th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

I did not know it existed in version 2. But in version 3....

In the Organizer, go to Edit - Preferences - Camera or Card Reader, and
turn off "Use Adobe Photo Downloader".

Copied from this message

http://groups.google.com/group/adobe...7d9 ba1f786e4

Old January 20th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
BillGill

"BillGill" wrote in message

For some time now I have been having a problem when I
load my Photoshop Elements 2. Every time I load it I
get an error message saying that it failed to connect to
one of my installed devices, do I want to try again. I
have looked everywhere I can and can't find anything to
turn it off.

I don't want it to try to connect to any of my devices.
I prefer to download all pictures to my hard drive, then
work from there.

Does any body here know any way to make it stop?

Thanks,
Bill Gill

Thanks, but apparently I don't have Organizer. At least
I can't find it.

I appreciate the help.

Bill
Old January 21st 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article , BillGill
wrote:

just bob wrote:
I did not know it existed in version 2. But in version 3....

In the Organizer, go to Edit - Preferences - Camera or Card Reader, and
turn off "Use Adobe Photo Downloader".

Copied from this message

http://groups.google.com/group/adobe...rowse_frm/thre
ad/39fbbb9de47f03/9412ca55211f629e?rnum=1&hl=en&q=adobe+elements+tur n+off+do
wnload&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fadobe.photoshop.elements%2 Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F39f
bbb9de47f03%2F1e2dfb4ece80758f%3Flnk%3Dst%26q%3Dad obe+elements+turn+off+down
load%26rnum%3D1%26hl%3Den%26#doc_19b27d9ba1f786e4

"BillGill" wrote in message

For some time now I have been having a problem when I
load my Photoshop Elements 2. Every time I load it I
get an error message saying that it failed to connect to
one of my installed devices, do I want to try again. I
have looked everywhere I can and can't find anything to
turn it off.

I don't want it to try to connect to any of my devices.
I prefer to download all pictures to my hard drive, then
work from there.

Does any body here know any way to make it stop?

Thanks,
Bill Gill

Thanks, but apparently I don't have Organizer. At least
I can't find it.

I appreciate the help.

Bill

The Adobe web site at http://www.adobe.com is a great resource. They
have a lot of documentation there and online tech support forums where
people can post questions such as this. Give it a try.