problem with kodak lab again

Old December 6th 03, 05:12 PM
David

Default problem with kodak lab again

Hello, I have posted before about this same lab. Kodak just does not get it.
I was speaking with an associate the other day, she asked for advice.
Said she dropped off a cdrom at a local retailer that has a Kodak lab
onsite. She wanted Christmas cards made. She was told she would be charged
for one hour service because the images were on CD, ??? but would be ready
in a couple of days. When she came in the pictures that were printed were
all pink on the left side. She of course asked whats up and was told the
machine was not working right and was serviced the other day. She was told
the Christmas cards will be reprinted again. She came in a couple of days
later and they were not ready. So she comes in again, now 2 weeks since she
dropped them off and they are ready and they just don't look right to her.
She is charged $63 and the lab manager acts like she does not give a flip
that the lady is upset.
Any Kodak QA people here?

Old December 7th 03, 02:16 PM
Kevin

Kodak Lab processing customer service number

800-828-4587

Give them a call

Old December 7th 03, 05:33 PM
John Horner

"David" wrote in message
Hello, I have posted before about this same lab. Kodak just does not get

it.
I was speaking with an associate the other day, she asked for advice.
Said she dropped off a cdrom at a local retailer that has a Kodak lab
onsite.

I don't believe that Kodak operates any onsite photo labs. It can be
confusing though because they encourage operators to advertise that they use
Kodak paper, etc.

I think that the problem is the lab owner/operator, which would not be a
surprise. Many labs have rotten quality control.

John

Old December 8th 03, 02:06 AM
Witheld

In article ,
"John Horner" wrote:

I think that the problem is the lab owner/operator, which would not be a
surprise. Many labs have rotten quality control.

And rotten personel, which is why I did not fit in ;-)
--
When you live next to the graveyard, you can't cry at every funeral.
Old December 8th 03, 10:18 PM
Ron Baird

Greetings Dave,

Not sure about QA people, but I am and I am glad to help your friend. What
she experienced is not the way Kodak does business, and is certainly
unfortunate. From the information you have shared, it sounds to me like
the issue is with a Digital Mini Lab option. Although this might be from
Kodak it is in the hands of an independent lab and we would not have any
control. I would not have accepted the poor results.

Also, since she took a CD to them, was the CD a Picture CD, or a CD with
images on it. If they are images that were burned to the CD, then the
quality of the image is going to be based on the files themselves. If a
Picture CD from Kodak, the quality of the images would be directly related
to the negatives. If not clear or sharp on the film, they would be the same
on the CD. If sharp on the negs, then they should be as sharp on the CD.

I suggest you review this with your friend. If you can gather more
information to share, I am glad to help further.

Thanks for the chance to review.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Old December 9th 03, 06:46 PM
David

Hello Ron,
The image was from a Kiddie type photo store in the local Mall. They take
the pictures, sell the images and if you want, purchase a CD with he rights
to reproduce. The friend that bought the CD was happy with the images that
the Kiddie shop produced.
For some background this lab has always produced substandard images from the
digital printer. It has 2 GrayTag printers and most of the time one or the
other is down for repair. I have brought in images made with my D60 and was
disgusted with the quality of the 4x6 prints it yields. And yes I told the
lab manager. I don't use this lab anymore.
And the quality of the images is not always based on the files
themselves, this lab is poor. And only being open less than 1 year I would
think it would have better printers.
Thanks for the help.