A nice portfolio of photos

Old January 2nd 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
[email protected]

Default A nice portfolio of photos

Photography is not about duels among cameras and equipment. I found
this website by accident and I thought I like to share the site with
the readers of these newsgroup. Someone else had mentioned about this
site in alt.photography NG. However, I like to share it again, and
credits are due to the photographer! From my opinion, the photographer
is an excellent artist!
http://photo.net/photodb/member-phot...37&include=all
The photos also show that there are other parts of this world, where
kids do not need to have videos, TVs, ipods or xboxes to have fun.

Old January 2nd 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Scott W

On Jan 2, 8:32*am, wrote:
Photography is not about duels among cameras and equipment. I found
this website by accident and I thought I like to share the site with
the readers of these newsgroup. Someone else had mentioned about this
site in alt.photography NG. However, I like to share it again, and
credits are due to the photographer! From my opinion, the photographer
is an excellent artist!http://photo.net/photodb/member-phot...37&include=all
The photos also show that there are other parts of this world, where
kids do not need to have videos, TVs, ipods or xboxes to have fun.

They look more like Photoshop art work then photographs to me.

Scott
Old January 2nd 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Mr. Strat

In article
,
wrote:

Photography is not about duels among cameras and equipment. I found
this website by accident and I thought I like to share the site with
the readers of these newsgroup. Someone else had mentioned about this
site in alt.photography NG. However, I like to share it again, and
credits are due to the photographer! From my opinion, the photographer
is an excellent artist!
http://photo.net/photodb/member-phot...37&include=all
The photos also show that there are other parts of this world, where
kids do not need to have videos, TVs, ipods or xboxes to have fun.

Oh, wonderful. Someone is proficient with PhotoShop.
Old January 2nd 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Annika1980

On Jan 2, 2:22*pm, "Mr. Strat" wrote:

Oh, wonderful. Someone is proficient with PhotoShop.

Whether they were done with Photoshop or Corel Painter matters not to
me.
The end result is what counts. No, it isn't a photo in the traditional
sense and it certainly isn't "real" but then what photo is?
Old January 2nd 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Scott W

On Jan 2, 10:20*am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jan 2, 2:22*pm, "Mr. Strat" wrote:

Oh, wonderful. Someone is proficient with PhotoShop.

Whether they were done with Photoshop or Corel Painter matters not to
me.
The end result is what counts. No, it isn't a photo in the traditional
sense and it certainly isn't "real" but then what photo is?

It depends on what you are after, if you are trying to create an image
out of your imagination then the photos are very good, they have a
fairytale kind of feel to them. For me this is not what I am after, I
try to capture the world around me as I see it. Because my camera
does not see things the same way I do I will sometime edit a photo to
better represent what I saw. In the end however what I am after is a
photo that when I look at it I get the feel for what it was like to be
there.

Clearly the photos the OP posted a link to do not give a good feeling
for what he saw when he took the photos, they really look far more
like painting then photo, in many of them I think he should pop in a
unicorn, it really would not look out of place.

Scott
Old January 2nd 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Scott W

On Jan 2, 2:22 pm, "Mr. Strat" wrote:

[...]

Are you sure that you know how he sees the world, or what he was feeling
when he took these pictures? I certainly don't. I enjoyed looking at
some of them, and when I have more time perhaps I will look at and enjoy
more of them.
Allen

That they are works of art there is no question, but I don't view them
as photographs. To me a good photograph brings me to a place or event
just by viewing the photograph. In viewing the photos the OP linked
to I don't get the feeling I am seeing a real place, fine for fantasy
art, but not what I am looking for in a photograph.

This does not mean I don't think he images have value, I just don't
think of them as photographs.

I have the feeling that if you were to see the original photos that
these are based on you might feel a bit cheated, kind of like a magic
trick looses all appeal once you know how it was done.

Scott

Old January 3rd 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
DONOTREPLY

I try to capture the world around me as I see it.

exactly!

... what I am after is a
photo that when I look at it I get the feel for what it was like to be
there.

I have digitized a few thousand of those feelings..

http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html

To me a good photograph brings me to a place or event
just by viewing the photograph.

or a selection of different photographs, presented in a way
where you can QUICKLY see a selection... even on a slow
internet connection ... so I had to create my own way to
exhibit a gallery.

have a look: http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html
.... criticism welcome.
Old January 3rd 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, uk.rec.photo.misc, rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Phil

On Jan 2, 2:22 pm, "Mr. Strat" wrote:

[...]

For me a photograph should "speak" on a variety of levels. That is to
say, the viewer gets from it what he brings to it. From the novice to
the most sophisticated, and to those in between, the image should
present/provide an effective experience for all levels. The images
suggested in this post, for me, are one dimensional relative to their
content. Much like a Rockwell painting, they smack more at
illustration than art. Certainly the display of technique lends itself
to evidence of an acute understanding of the craft/process of
photoshop. But as a whole they are, to me, a bit too sentimental.
In that light, Ansel Adams was certainly the preeminant darkroom
maestro and applied his prowess to add power to his otherwise
documentary images. Personally I'd much prefer too look at Mario
Giocomelli, Clarence John Laughlin, Sebastiao Salgado or Eugene
Richards to name just a few. Their images are powerful, haunting, as
well as evocative.

Old January 3rd 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
Paul Furman

DONOTREPLY wrote:
I try to capture the world around me as I see it.

exactly!

... what I am after is a
photo that when I look at it I get the feel for what it was like to be
there.

I have digitized a few thousand of those feelings..

http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html

To me a good photograph brings me to a place or event
just by viewing the photograph.

or a selection of different photographs, presented in a way
where you can QUICKLY see a selection... even on a slow
internet connection ... so I had to create my own way to
exhibit a gallery.

have a look: http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html
... criticism welcome.

I get "Not Found" for every link... ?
Old January 3rd 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography
George Kerby

On 1/3/08 12:07 AM, in article
, "Paul Furman"
wrote:

DONOTREPLY wrote:
I try to capture the world around me as I see it.

exactly!

... what I am after is a
photo that when I look at it I get the feel for what it was like to be
there.

I have digitized a few thousand of those feelings..

http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html

To me a good photograph brings me to a place or event
just by viewing the photograph.

or a selection of different photographs, presented in a way
where you can QUICKLY see a selection... even on a slow
internet connection ... so I had to create my own way to
exhibit a gallery.

have a look: http://y23.com/pics/y23stockpic-free-fr-2jan08.html
... criticism welcome.

I get "Not Found" for every link... ?