Oly "does it" again.

Old December 21st 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kinon O'Cann

Default Oly "does it" again.

If I hadn't seen this, I would have thought someone was kidding:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olym...60uz/page8.asp

Check out the "Expression Edit" feature. My nomination for the most
incredible waste of time and money by a camera company so far. Why not
concentrate on image quality instead of this insanity?

Old December 21st 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin[_2_]

Kinon O'Cann wrote:
If I hadn't seen this, I would have thought someone was kidding:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olym...60uz/page8.asp

Check out the "Expression Edit" feature. My nomination for the most
incredible waste of time and money by a camera company so far. Why not
concentrate on image quality instead of this insanity?

Marketers love to have something distinctive about a
product. It doesn't have to be especially useful. In fact,
sometimes they advertise in a way that makes a limitation
look like an improvement. Caveat emptor.
Old December 21st 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Kinon O'Cann
says...
If I hadn't seen this, I would have thought someone was kidding:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olym...60uz/page8.asp

Check out the "Expression Edit" feature. My nomination for the most
incredible waste of time and money by a camera company so far. Why not
concentrate on image quality instead of this insanity?

It's a useful feature to transform the expression of face. Don't forget
that this camera is targeted at average consumers, not DLSR geeks.
--

Alfred Molon
Old December 21st 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Kinon O'Cann

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Kinon O'Cann
says...
If I hadn't seen this, I would have thought someone was kidding:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olym...60uz/page8.asp

Check out the "Expression Edit" feature. My nomination for the most
incredible waste of time and money by a camera company so far. Why not
concentrate on image quality instead of this insanity?

It's a useful feature to transform the expression of face. Don't forget
that this camera is targeted at average consumers, not DLSR geeks.

I'll bet that it's nearly useless to transform facial expressions into
something useful. This is a gimmick that I believe will wear very thin very
quickly. Just guessing, of course, but I'm betting this feature dies after
this generation of cameras.

Old December 21st 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Dec 21, 9:56 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Kinon O'Cann
says...

If I hadn't seen this, I would have thought someone was kidding:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olym...60uz/page8.asp

Check out the "Expression Edit" feature. My nomination for the most
incredible waste of time and money by a camera company so far. Why not
concentrate on image quality instead of this insanity?

It's a useful feature to transform the expression of face. Don't forget
that this camera is targeted at average consumers, not DLSR geeks.

Oh I do hope you are joking.

Are you telling me that if I don't see the need for a camera to change
someone's expression I am a DSLR geek?

Do you really think the average consumer is going to find this more
then a mild amusement?

The only time I can use a use for this is when everyone has had too
much to drink and they have some fun looking at how funny they can
make each others faces look, good for a laugh or two but that is about
it.

Scott

Old December 22nd 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_3_]

Scott W wrote:
[...]

My problem with it (maybe this isn't a problem) is that if a feature
like this gains widespread popularity, it's the death of trust for
photographic veracity.

"Here's an untouched photograph of the crime scene."
"But how easy is it to modify even an untouched photo? This Olympus
camera can even change the expression on someone's face!"
Old December 22nd 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
acl

On Dec 22, 2:25 pm, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 7a530426-73ef-4451-a116-
, Scott W says...

Are you telling me that if I don't see the need for a camera to change
someone's expression I am a DSLR geek?

It can be a useful feature for consumers who might want to change the
facial expression in a photo. Don't forget the fun factor which plays a
major role for average people. Only a DSLR geek would dismiss this
feature as totally useless.

Wow, you really were serious?! Brilliant!

Reminds me of those techno geeks who complained about the graphical user
interface of Windows, which according to them was a waste of computer
resources. According to them we should all use computers with graphical
interfaces.

Your associative ability is malfunctioning