'3D'

Old June 11th 20, 03:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Eric Stevens

Default Second opinion requested! Does anyone else get a warning? (was - Oops! (Was - '3D'))

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 07:24:32 +0100, David_B
wrote:

On 07/06/2020 00:33, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:23:57 -0700, John McWilliams
wrote:

On 6/6/20 PDT 5:42 AM, David_B wrote:
On 06/06/2020 04:18, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 11:58:14 +1200, geoff
wrote:

On 5/06/2020 4:35 am, David_B wrote:
On 04/06/2020 17:32, David_B wrote:
Here's a piccie of what Banbury was like in 2004 - my boat is the
first on left hand side.

https://ibb.co/XYBwqqv

Sorry about that! ;-)

Yeah I wondered where the image link was.

Presumably you mean the first 'whole' boat on LHS ?

Nice pic, niceÂ* boats. Great sense of depth. I think I would find the
mentioned faux '3D' effect detracting from it.

geoff

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

See https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ejgecx8uk...nbury.jpg?dl=0

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

Thanks, Eric.

Please will you type out here the full name of the link being shown By
Kaspersky?

You know as much as I do. As you can see it's truncated.

If you wish to explore further yourself, simply copy/paste the link into
Virus Total - select 'URL', he-
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

Thanks

Eric Stevens
Old June 11th 20, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Apd

"Eric Stevens" wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 07:24:32 +0100, David_B wrote:
Please will you type out here the full name of the link being shown By
Kaspersky?

You know as much as I do. As you can see it's truncated.

It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Old June 11th 20, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 08:55:44 +0100, "Apd" wrote:

"Eric Stevens" wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 07:24:32 +0100, David_B wrote:
Please will you type out here the full name of the link being shown By
Kaspersky?

You know as much as I do. As you can see it's truncated.

It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Even so, I don't expect that David either knew or intended that it be
there.

Eric Stevens
Old June 11th 20, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David_B[_4_]

"Eric Stevens" wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 07:24:32 +0100, David_B wrote:
Please will you type out here the full name of the link being shown By
Kaspersky?

You know as much as I do. As you can see it's truncated.

It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Even so, I don't expect that David either knew or intended that it be
there.

Thanks, Eric. :-)

I had absolutely no idea it was there. :-(

I wonder if Apd knows from whence the script originated.
Old June 11th 20, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David_B[_4_]

On 11/06/2020 02:52, nospam wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Malicious link is blocked ... Kaspersky

Please post a screenshot, Eric.

Perhaps Kaspersky is mistaken?

Wasn't a problem at all.

The malicious link most likely not in David's image but bundled with
the compressed image downloaded with David's image.

unlike most of david's links, this one was surprisingly not malicious.

*FOUL*

I have never knowingly posted a malicious link. *EVER*

McAfee never used to find these by Kaspersky has warned me of several.

just because it warned you doesn't mean it's actually a problem.

it's clearly a false positive.

Apd has also suggested that it's a 'false positive'
MID
Old June 11th 20, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.computer.workshop
David_B[_4_]

On 11/06/2020 00:19, geoff wrote:
On 10/06/2020 6:02 pm, David_B wrote:
On 10/06/2020 00:16, geoff wrote:
On 10/06/2020 7:39 am, David_B wrote:

I'm puzzled as to why THIS product hasn't found its way onto the
list of the best in the business though:-

https://www.clamxav.com

Any thoughts as to why it doesn't feature in the listing?

Sounds like a medicinal vaginal treatment. Possibly could be
better-named.

That's upside-down thinking for sure, geoff! :-)

Not many folk here like the product either:-

https://www.facebook.com/clamxav/

Less than 400 the last time I looked.

It could also be audio-visual systems for the bearded-clamÂ* (!)

Indeed, geoff (but I have no idea what you mean!)

When will your website be finished?

Old June 11th 20, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Apd

"David_B" wrote:
On 11/06/2020 11:16, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 08:55:44 +0100, "Apd" wrote:
It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Even so, I don't expect that David either knew or intended that it be
there.

Thanks, Eric. :-)

I had absolutely no idea it was there. :-(

No reason why you would.

I wonder if Apd knows from whence the script originated.

From where I said, cdn.siteswithcontent.com. CDN = content
distribution network. It supplies part of the web page content, i.e.
javascript for notifications, as I said elsewhere. It's common for
sites to pull their scripts from such places.

Old June 11th 20, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
nospam

In article , Apd
wrote:

It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Even so, I don't expect that David either knew or intended that it be
there.

Thanks, Eric. :-)

I had absolutely no idea it was there. :-(

No reason why you would.

he claims to be an investigator hunting down the bad guys.

such a person *would* know it was there.
Old June 12th 20, 09:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
David_B[_4_]

On 11/06/2020 23:25, nospam wrote:
In article , Apd
wrote:

It was alerting on a script from cdn.siteswithcontent.com. That domain
has apparently been associated with adware. The script is OK so it's a
false positive.

Even so, I don't expect that David either knew or intended that it be
there.

Thanks, Eric. :-)

I had absolutely no idea it was there. :-(

No reason why you would.

he claims to be an investigator hunting down the bad guys.

I am.

such a person *would* know it was there.

I'm still learning! *HOW* would I know there was a script involved?