Total lunar eclipse - Febr 20, 2008 - across North America

Old February 12th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
[email protected]

Default Total lunar eclipse - Febr 20, 2008 - across North America

A total lunar eclipse is coming in just over a week. Anyone thinking
about taking some photos? I hope the weather is clear in the midwest.
Unfortunately, we are now gripped by a harsh cold and windy winter
with temperature around -40F (or -40C). Perhaps this event will show
what camera reigns supreme and can stand the cold, outdoor weather.
Old February 12th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
JoeBob

On Feb 11, 9:50 pm, wrote:
A total lunar eclipse is coming in just over a week. Anyone thinking
about taking some photos? I hope the weather is clear in the midwest.
Unfortunately, we are now gripped by a harsh cold and windy winter
with temperature around -40F (or -40C). Perhaps this event will show
what camera reigns supreme and can stand the cold, outdoor weather.

I expect to. I picked up a Pentax K110 a few weeks ago and plan to use
it for some
astrophotography. A lunar eclipse is a good start.
Old February 12th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Dudley Hanks

wrote in message
A total lunar eclipse is coming in just over a week. Anyone thinking
about taking some photos? I hope the weather is clear in the midwest.
Unfortunately, we are now gripped by a harsh cold and windy winter
with temperature around -40F (or -40C). Perhaps this event will show
what camera reigns supreme and can stand the cold, outdoor weather.

It'll be hard to beat the old, mechanical film cameras...

Not too many digitals seem to like the cold.

Take Care,
Dudley

Old February 14th 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Craig

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:09:13 -0800, Walter R. wrote:

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/lunar.html

Thanks.

I've shot several lunar eclipses before. Here is link to my astroimages:
http://www.pbase.com/craigbob/astrophotography&page=all
Both the Full Moon HDR and Totality HDR were taken during last August's
Eclipse.

http://www.ocastronomers.org/astroim...ig%20Bobch in
This has some smaller versions of the other gallery but a bunch of stuff I
have not posted there.

Craig
Old February 16th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
[email protected]

http://www.ocastronomers.org/astroim...on=byphotograp...
This has some smaller versions of the other gallery but a bunch of stuff I
have not posted there.

Craig

Walter :
Thanks for your info and link to NASA site
Craig:
The two photos of the total eclipse are awesome!. Did you take it with
the Canon 20D? They were indicated as HDR photos, so you must have
taken multiple exposure shots?
I particularly like the colour one, i.e. the one with the slightly
reddish colour.
Thanks for sharing!